Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > Mac Blog Discussion

Old Dec 25, 2012, 01:14 AM   #26
benji888
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by macs4nw View Post
Great new feature! Using technology to make people's lives easier.
If you scratch a bit too hard, you sometimes make the numbers/letters illegible; has that been addressed yet?
I just got an iTunes gift card, the new ones say to scratch or peel label off, so I peeled it off, it came off easily, no issues.
benji888 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 25, 2012, 01:28 AM   #27
macs4nw
macrumors 68020

Quote:
Originally Posted by benji888 View Post
I just got an iTunes gift card, the new ones say to scratch or peel label off, so I peeled it off, it came off easily, no issues.
Thanks for that info.
macs4nw is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 25, 2012, 01:32 AM   #28
Namtaro
macrumors regular

Quote:
Camera option is NOT there
You must be doing something wrong cause I just used it today... redeemed my first card manually and the second one I remembered about this feature and tried it out... worked perfectly! I thought it might be using the barcode or something so I blocked it and it still read the code.

Oh and to the person scratching it, all the new cards I've seen have a peel away sticker.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason3w View Post
I don't see the option to select "camera" either, in Australia.

----------

can confirm, after now logging into the USA store, which i also have an account for, that the camera options seems to be for the USA store only. It's showing now, where as in the australian store, it didn't give the option
why of why??
Works here in Canada as well.
Namtaro is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 25, 2012, 01:33 AM   #29
someone28624
macrumors 6502a

Camera redemption worked beautifully for me.
Old Dec 25, 2012, 05:37 AM   #30
class77
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Namtaro View Post
You must be doing something wrong cause I just used it today... redeemed my first card manually and the second one I remembered about this feature and tried it out... worked perfectly! I thought it might be using the barcode or something so I blocked it and it still read the code.

Oh and to the person scratching it, all the new cards I've seen have a peel away sticker.

Works here in Canada as well.
He's NOT doing anything wrong. I don't have the camera option either and there are a bunch of threads in Apple support with the same problem.
Old Dec 25, 2012, 09:25 PM   #31
benji888
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Namtaro View Post
Like what? What do you do for the camera option to come up? Do you have a special button you press, or what? I have nothing. The "Redeem" screen for me in itunes only gives me a place to put in a number. That is all. I have the latest itunes and the latest Lion, I keep up with all the updates. No reason, that I know of, why it should not be there for me. I have added to several threads on Apple's own website, but, no one has answers yet.
benji888 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 26, 2012, 06:54 AM   #32
PaulMoore
macrumors regular

Quote:
Like what? What do you do for the camera option to come up? Do you have a special button you press, or what? I have nothing. The "Redeem" screen for me in itunes only gives me a place to put in a number. That is all. I have the latest itunes and the latest Lion, I keep up with all the updates. No reason, that I know of, why it should not be there for me. I have added to several threads on Apple's own website, but, no one has answers yet.
Not working on my iMac either with latest iTunes running... disappointing
PaulMoore is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 27, 2012, 09:19 PM   #33
benji888
macrumors 6502a

I gave up...loaded my itunes gift cards manually...got Mountain Lion, updated my mac from lion>mountain lion, now when I go to itunes redeem it gives me the option to use the camera :P :P :P ...I still think it should be working w/Lion
benji888 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 28, 2012, 07:49 PM   #34
CrickettGrrrl
macrumors 6502a

Just tried this today with three cards and wow! --Can't believe how fast it was, the light in the room wasn't that great either. I'm spoiled forever now.
CrickettGrrrl is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 5, 2013, 02:55 AM   #35
musio
macrumors 68000

Don't think it works on older macs.
musio is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 5, 2013, 05:12 AM   #36
Solomani
macrumors 65816

Wow, nice feature!

Just used this feature today for the first time. It worked as advertised on my (new) iMac. Very impressed with little things like these.

P.S. -- I initially made the mistake of launching my iMac's "Mac App Store" application. And then I went to Redeem, and I was confused why I did not see the Use Camera option. It took me a few seconds to realize... DUH... it's supposed to work only on the iTunes application. So I closed the App Store window and launched iTunes to redeem using the iSight camera. And voila! Worked flawlessly.

2012 iMac / OSX 10.8.2
Solomani is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 5, 2013, 07:59 AM   #37
panda bear
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Peeled my first one.. worked perfectly.

Scratched my second one, because I wasn't thinking.. did not work. I had to type it in.

Also, now that I think about it.. it may not have worked because I didn't scratch off ALL of the scratcy-offy-stuff. I just did it like I would any other normal card.. until I could see the code.
panda bear is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > Mac Blog Discussion