Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Visual Media > Design and Graphics

Old Nov 16, 2012, 11:37 AM   #26
daviewhang
macrumors newbie

I know uninstall/reintall can fix it ,but after 3 week it happen again
daviewhang is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 20, 2012, 09:30 PM   #27
ldb3
macrumors newbie

Im having the same issue with auto opening & closing with the red dot in Acrobat Pro, and have uninstalled and reinstalled numerous times. I have installed from CS5 installer, CS6, Installer, and Stand Alone Acrobat installer in both Acrobat Pro X, and XI. It all started when I installed CS6 the first time.

Im sure whatever damage is done was done then and an uninstaller isn't deleting the problem.

Any more suggestions? Ive been through this entire thread and tried it all.

Thanks,
LDB3
ldb3 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 23, 2012, 09:49 PM   #28
billdakelski
macrumors newbie

gave up

I gave up and reverted to v9, it is buggy too (patchs will not update), but at least it works
billdakelski is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 26, 2012, 04:10 PM   #29
ldb3
macrumors newbie

OK, I had to Uninstall all copies of Acrobat Pro, Re-install with the stand alone XI intaller,(NOT CS5, or CS6), and select trial copy on install. From there, it auto recognized that I already had CS6 apps installed and did not ask for registration and not it works fine. For how long? Who knows?

LDB3
Old Dec 27, 2012, 10:46 PM   #30
DoctorDiseno
macrumors newbie

Don't pretend you are not using an illegal copy of it! Hahaha!

Hahaha! I had the same issue. Tried uninstalling-reinstalling AND changing then the "amtlib.framework" folder inside the app and it kept not working.

That was the problem.

I uninstalled-reinstalled again, BUT didn't change that folder. It now works perfect. And it doesn't need to be hacked to work!

Try it!
DoctorDiseno is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 27, 2012, 11:36 PM   #31
ldb3
macrumors newbie

illegal copy??? I'm appalled at such a outlandish accusation.

"
I uninstalled-reinstalled again, BUT didn't change that folder. It now works perfect. And it doesn't need to be hacked to work!"

I did the same thing and it worked with no signs of a trial copy, BUT.... 12ish days later I got a "You've got 2 days left on your trial copy" message. At that point, I swapped out the amtlib.framework folder again(after it had been working) now it works fine.
Old Dec 29, 2012, 01:31 PM   #32
DoctorDiseno
macrumors newbie

i'm sorry, I didn't mean to accuse anybody.

It was just some kind of Woody's "If the boot fits you". Sorry if I offended anybody.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ldb3 View Post
"
I uninstalled-reinstalled again, BUT didn't change that folder. It now works perfect. And it doesn't need to be hacked to work!"

I did the same thing and it worked with no signs of a trial copy, BUT.... 12ish days later I got a "You've got 2 days left on your trial copy" message. At that point, I swapped out the amtlib.framework folder again(after it had been working) now it works fine.
I will try your solution, because my Acrobat started to ask for Adobe ID log in. Thanks ldb3
DoctorDiseno is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1, 2013, 08:35 PM   #33
aguamala
macrumors newbie

Adobe Reader

I realize this might not help in everyones situation, but try installing just acrobat Reader (free). It works if you double click, at least for me. If you need something more robust, then open it manually in Acrobat Pro, which I believe is more or less designed to create PDF's from scratch rather than markup and comment on them.

I agree though, that was frustrating.
aguamala is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 26, 2013, 01:37 PM   #34
brazilianhelper
macrumors newbie

Solution

Hi guys,

This problem occurs because there are still traces of previous versions of Acrobat Pro 9. You need to remove everything from previous versions and reinstall Acrobat Pro X. Can be sure will work.

Cya dudes,
brazilianhelper is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 29, 2013, 05:14 AM   #35
ferahl
macrumors newbie

Have the same issue with Adobe XI, would be great if there was a solution without reinstalling my master suite
ferahl is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Visual Media > Design and Graphics