Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Mac and PC Games > Console Games

Old Dec 27, 2012, 09:15 AM   #376
cambookpro
macrumors 601

I've been given an Amazon voucher to get a Vita game, I was wondering whether anyone had any suggestions?

I was thinking either Need for Speed: Most Wanted or Assassin's Creed III: Liberation.

Any opinions on which is more fun?
Old Dec 27, 2012, 09:51 AM   #377
Dagless
macrumors Core

I've only got NFS for the PS3, but I hear the Vita one is exactly the same (but with slightly less cars on the road). And it's an amazing game. Have you ever played Burnout Paradise? It's effectively the sequel to that.

I've got Liberation but haven't played much of it. I've heard mixed things about it, it's very polarising. But I love the story so far, even more than AC3. Her story just seems a lot more personal.
Old Dec 27, 2012, 11:53 AM   #378
cambookpro
macrumors 601

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagless View Post
I've only got NFS for the PS3, but I hear the Vita one is exactly the same (but with slightly less cars on the road). And it's an amazing game. Have you ever played Burnout Paradise? It's effectively the sequel to that.

I've got Liberation but haven't played much of it. I've heard mixed things about it, it's very polarising. But I love the story so far, even more than AC3. Her story just seems a lot more personal.
Haha, that has just seems to make the decision harder

I played Burnout Paradise on the PS3 and loved it, so NFS may be worth a look.

I've never played any other AC games though, would it be better to play a couple of the PS3 first or do you think it doesn't really matter?

Thanks
Old Dec 27, 2012, 01:29 PM   #379
cambookpro
macrumors 601

I was also wondering why do you think ACIII:L was given an 18/M rating? I don't like playing games with excessive gore or anything.

Language is usually fine, but my younger brother sometimes borrows my Vita and I don't want him playing it when brains splatter everywhere or there's a room full of scantily clad women
Old Dec 27, 2012, 04:46 PM   #380
btbrossard
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by cambookpro View Post
I was also wondering why do you think ACIII:L was given an 18/M rating? I don't like playing games with excessive gore or anything.
Content descriptors: Blood, Suggestive Themes, Violence

Rating summary: This is an action-adventure game in which players assume the role of Aveline, a female assassin involved with the Louisiana rebellion during the American Revolutionary War. As players complete various missions, they can kill enemies with a variety of weapons (e.g., machetes, blowpipes, whips). Players can also engage in melee-style swordfights with soldiers, resulting in screams of pain and occasional slow-motion effects. Frequent and large blood-splatter effects occur when enemies are stabbed or impaled. During one cutscene, a ship captain flirts with Aveline while suggestively touching his crotch area and thrusting his pelvis (e.g., “But you're all welcome back to my cabin. I've manhood for—”/I don't think—”/“Or we can consort right here!”)
Old Dec 27, 2012, 05:03 PM   #381
cambookpro
macrumors 601

Quote:
Originally Posted by btbrossard View Post
Content descriptors: Blood, Suggestive Themes, Violence

Rating summary: This is an action-adventure game in which players assume the role of Aveline, a female assassin involved with the Louisiana rebellion during the American Revolutionary War. As players complete various missions, they can kill enemies with a variety of weapons (e.g., machetes, blowpipes, whips). Players can also engage in melee-style swordfights with soldiers, resulting in screams of pain and occasional slow-motion effects. Frequent and large blood-splatter effects occur when enemies are stabbed or impaled. During one cutscene, a ship captain flirts with Aveline while suggestively touching his crotch area and thrusting his pelvis (e.g., “But you're all welcome back to my cabin. I've manhood for—”/I don't think—”/“Or we can consort right here!”)

Thanks, was googling but couldn't find that anywhere. Doesn't sound that bad.
cambookpro is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 27, 2012, 09:47 PM   #382
btbrossard
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by cambookpro View Post
Thanks, was googling but couldn't find that anywhere. Doesn't sound that bad.
That's from the ESRB website (esrb.org). And no, it didn't really sound all that bad. It's not like you have to pick up hookers to regain your health or anything...

I have the game but I haven't played it yet.

MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Mac and PC Games > Console Games