Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Digital Audio

Old Dec 28, 2012, 12:57 AM   #1
Brettka7
macrumors regular

iTunes 11 keeps splitting my albums!

I was trying to organize my albums tonight after iTunes 11 (on OS X Mountain Lion) split some of them. Adele's 21 and 19 got split into 3 albums each (6 albums total). I had to rename the albums to 21h and 19h, and then back to 21 and 19 to get them back to normal. And I'm still only in the A's in my iTunes . Anyone else have this problem with iTunes 11?

Aggression, in its most elegant form.
Brettka7 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 28, 2012, 07:40 AM   #2
Jessica Lares
macrumors 603

Yeah, I'm having the same issue. It only did it with one album so far, so I'm not that concerned. I usually have this problem in iTunes actually.
Old Dec 28, 2012, 07:47 AM   #3
Macman45
macrumors G5

Pre 11, it was easy..CMD+I and untick "Part Of A Compilation" Now It's not. I have so much obscure, self produced and self written stuff that it really doesn't bother me that much. My 700 or so commercial collection is all there with artwork.
Old Dec 28, 2012, 09:56 AM   #4
peapody
macrumors 68030

I had this problem, and recently did a revamp of my collection.

Unfortunately the only way to fix is to change around the tag info as you are doing. It sucks.
Old Dec 28, 2012, 10:06 AM   #5
aristobrat
macrumors Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macman45 View Post
Pre 11, it was easy..CMD+I and untick "Part Of A Compilation" Now It's not.
Hmm, that works for me in iTunes 11.
aristobrat is online now   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 28, 2012, 10:08 AM   #6
Macman45
macrumors G5

Quote:
Originally Posted by aristobrat View Post
Hmm, that works for me in iTunes 11.
Still brings up the dialogue, just won't stick...Not for me anyway..
Old Dec 28, 2012, 10:24 AM   #7
peapody
macrumors 68030

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macman45 View Post
Still brings up the dialogue, just won't stick...Not for me anyway..
I don't like using the "part of a compilation" route. It affects one of my smart playlists, but I can see that it won't affect other users.
Old Jul 17, 2013, 07:42 PM   #8
melissapete24
macrumors newbie

I'm having this problem as well. I have one album that is only 11 songs, and it is split up into 3 separate albums. I have completely erased all track information for all the songs, including album artwork, and then re-entered it all by hand, one at a time. And it STILL is splitting up into 3 albums. It was ripped from a CD, and not purchased on iTunes, and it wasn't a homemade CD, either. I don't have the CD right now, so I can't just re-rip, or I would. Any thoughts? The only thing I HAVEN'T tried is deleting them entirely and re-adding them, for the reason stated above: I no longer have the CD. It wasn't a compilation, it had only one artist, and it was just a pretty cut-and-dry, average CD as far as CD "make-up" goes. I'm just at a loss. Not to mention EXTREMELY irritated!
melissapete24 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 18, 2013, 02:41 AM   #9
cheekypaul
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brettka7 View Post
I was trying to organize my albums tonight after iTunes 11 (on OS X Mountain Lion) split some of them. Adele's 21 and 19 got split into 3 albums each (6 albums total). I had to rename the albums to 21h and 19h, and then back to 21 and 19 to get them back to normal. And I'm still only in the A's in my iTunes . Anyone else have this problem with iTunes 11?
itunes doesn't split albums without being told to do so. to find out exactly why this is happening, run me through the procedure with the Adele album, where does it come from, how are you naming it etc
cheekypaul is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Digital Audio