Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacBH928

macrumors G3
Original poster
May 17, 2008
That is a very good charge .
Unfortunately, I can not take this to the Apple store because the closest one is about 6 hrs flight.

Thanks for your concern . I am really upset with Apple lately, it seems like they could no longer ship fault free products

I had to suffer from a half pink ipad 3 screen

Nam Pla

macrumors regular
Jun 7, 2009
Thailand
That is a very good charge .
Unfortunately, I can not take this to the Apple store because the closest one is about 6 hrs flight.

Thanks for your concern . I am really upset with Apple lately, it seems like they could no longer ship fault free products

I had to suffer from a half pink ipad 3 screen
It wouldn't hurt to try calling their tech support people and see if they can help. Tell them you'll ship it to them for a diagnostic check. Never know if you don't ask. :)

I'm not really happy with them myself lately. I went through hell with a 4s phone I bought in the States. When I got it back to Thailand where I live, I had nothing but problems with it. And over here there are no 'official' Apple stores like in the US. It was totally impractical for me to ship it back, and them ship it back to me (Thai post does not have the best reputation!), possibly more than once if I got another bum phone. But I eventually found a repair place here that looked at the phone, saw that it was still under warranty, and said they'd do what they can to help me.

When I went back to pick it up, they actually gave me a brand new replacement phone which is working perfectly. That was the last thing I expected would ever happen, and I had all but given up on that phone and the $850 it cost me! I guess I just got a lemon, it happens - even with Apple.

Anyhow, I'd give 'em a call. You've got nothing to lose but the cost of the call at this point. :apple:

MacBH928

macrumors G3
Original poster
May 17, 2008
I came back to ask, is the iphone battery supposed to feel hot?

I can feel the heat of the iphone's battery from the behind of my Incipio dual pro cover

sjtracey

macrumors newbie
Aug 17, 2010
I noticed that my iP5 was having serious battery drain overnight (20-25%, sometimes more). I've had the phone since September, but it just started in the last week or so. I finally figured out that I had turned on the wifi iTunes sync. I turned it off last night, and overnight the phone only drained 4%. Much better. I remember having the same problem with my iP4 when I upgraded to iOS 6 (or whenever it was that that feature first became available). Don't know if you have that turned on or not, but it might be worth checking out.

Good luck!

Big Stevie

macrumors 65816
Jun 20, 2012
UK
Worth looking at

Settings > Privacy > Location Services

Check the Apps to see if any are switched on to Location Services. I have them switched off, apart from Find My iPhone. If I open Maps then it will prompt me to switch LS back on for Maps to work.

Scroll down to the bottom of the screen to System Services. See if any of these are switched on that arent needed.

bandofbrothers

macrumors 601
Oct 14, 2007
Uk
I generally get 1 to 1.5 days usage before having to charge the battery.

While your busy turning things off turn the battery % off too to stop you watching it thus helping to taking away the pleasure of using your phones features.

Just saying.

Tulani

macrumors 68000
Dec 6, 2012
Generally in conclusion I think the battery is not really satisfactory

mikefly

macrumors regular
Jan 4, 2007
30 days later.. my phone has drained 39% since I went to bed last night, 10 hours ago. Needless to say, I was not browsing in my sleep.

On hold with Apple. Not delighted.

Edit: They are offering to swap out my phone. This is good customer service, but annoying as I don't have so much free time.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.