Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SA16

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 3, 2009
I have finally maxed out my 32gb. Dumb question, but is there any way to upgrade to a 64gb? Any help?

Hope you all have a great New Year!

MrMister111

macrumors 68040
Jan 28, 2009
UK
I have finally maxed out my 32gb. Dumb question, but is there any way to upgrade to a 64gb? Any help?

Hope you all have a great New Year!

Have you got much music on there? The way I do it now is I've joined Google music, put it all up there, and get an app gMusic or like for iOS and just stream music. I'm in UK though in a unlimited data plan, not sure what you are, but it streams and world fine.

I'm looking to get an iPhone 5 over the w/end, and I'm debating wether to go for the 16Gb or 32Gb...theres £70 difference...

ericrwalker

macrumors 68030
Oct 8, 2008
Albany, NY
Sell you're, and buy a new one. Or trade with cash. There are a lot of places to do these transactions. Ebay, Amazon, Craigslist. Even here, if you stick around for a while and get to the marketplace.

Or you could just re-evaluate what you have on your current iPhone and start deleting apps/songs/pictures/movies you don't need.

SA16

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 3, 2009
Have you got much music on there? The way I do it now is I've joined Google music, put it all up there, and get an app gMusic or like for iOS and just stream music. I'm in UK though in a unlimited data plan, not sure what you are, but it streams and world fine.

I'm looking to get an iPhone 5 over the w/end, and I'm debating wether to go for the 16Gb or 32Gb...theres £70 difference...

Thanks for the advice! The majority of my space is consumed by music (26gb to be specific). I think I will try the Google Music app. Hopefully that will help me out a great deal!

I've always had a 32gb phone (ip4, 4s, 5) and I've always been able to maintain, but now I seem to be right on the edge, where I can't add anything else to my phone. Good luck with your purchase!

Burton8219

macrumors 6502
May 12, 2007

This is a good idea, but I just wanted to throw in that you can do what I did and pay the $24.95 a year and do iTunes Match. Puts your whole library into the cloud (up to 25,000 songs) and lets you access it through the stock app.

Then you can do what I did again and download a third party app like Ecuote (my favorite) and use that to access your music since it looks 10000000x better than the stock app. That's the one place I want Apple to work on for iOS 7... Design all around.

I have used gMusic and Google Music as a service and it is really good (especially since there's a web app so you can get your music on any computer) so the choice is up to you. I have Match right now strictly because I use it with Airplay and feel I should use it now since I bought it, but since gMusic has Airplay you can go that route too. Anyway... Just throwing another method out there in case you wanted to stick with Apple services (and not have to buy a new phone).

SA16

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 3, 2009
This is a good idea, but I just wanted to throw in that you can do what I did and pay the $24.95 a year and do iTunes Match. Puts your whole library into the cloud (up to 25,000 songs) and lets you access it through the stock app.

Then you can do what I did again and download a third party app like Ecuote (my favorite) and use that to access your music since it looks 10000000x better than the stock app. That's the one place I want Apple to work on for iOS 7... Design all around.

I have used gMusic and Google Music as a service and it is really good (especially since there's a web app so you can get your music on any computer) so the choice is up to you. I have Match right now strictly because I use it with Airplay and feel I should use it now since I bought it, but since gMusic has Airplay you can go that route too. Anyway... Just throwing another method out there in case you wanted to stick with Apple services (and not have to buy a new phone).

These are definitely some great ideas. I was just looking at the Ecuote app, and that does look amazing! Thanks for the advice, I am definitely going to consider the itunes match, especially because I use airplay a lot at home.

HectorBrower85

macrumors newbie
Dec 27, 2012
Yeah streaming would be way better for you if you can get a good plan with unlimited data.

I do the Google play thing, I have all my music stored there and whenever I change phones I still get to listen to them via streaming.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.