Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cRuNcHiE

macrumors 6502a
Jan 2, 2007
Not sure i'd like the vibrator motor on like that. Over time it will no doubt cause something to break or come lose inside the phone!

Kaibelf

Suspended
Apr 29, 2009
Silicon Valley, CA
Now let's see it work on a rough picnic table. Or a railing edge. Or a slanted rock. Or a sandy beach. Or a car dashboard. Or your knee. It seems to me that almost anywhere you would actually want to take a panoramic photo seems like it would be impossible for this to function. Unless you like taking panoramas of your desk or living room.

It's VERY obviously a niche app. Go tinkle in someone else's wheaties. I can see this being useful for someone listing an apartment for rent/sale.

Koodauw

macrumors 68040
Nov 17, 2003
Madison
Well I bought it but I doesnt rotate enough for me to get a full 360 degrees.I get more like 20. Wonder if its the surface its on? I was only able to try it on my desk.

Edit: tried it on the desk at home, didnt work there either. Tried it on the granite and glass surfaces. Worked just fine. So the surface does make a huge difference in case any was wondering.

Last edited:

samh004

macrumors 68020
Mar 1, 2004
Australia
Tried it, worked as advertised, and hoping for more functionality or an existing panorama developer to buy them out... photo capability would definitely be better!

likemyorbs

macrumors 68000
Jul 20, 2008
NJ
Worst dollar I ever spent. It gives you a crappy quality video with no sound. I thought it would do real panoramas that you can scroll through, but it's just a video. What's the point?

timinireland

macrumors member
Aug 21, 2010
Norn Iron
On second thoughts.....

This is what I've always wanted, cos every time i go off on holiday, I always bring a little slab of polished granite with me in my case, just for this very purpose.... lol

It might work i suppose if you set it in the middle of your car roof, then watch it vibrate off down the other side onto the concrete before you manage to catch it... Ooops... lol

Good idea tho, but not practical in practice.. Unless your in a room taking a photo with it on a desk or something..

I was going to buy it anyway for its novelty value, but the first 5 reviews or so all gave 1 star, and said it doesn't work and their phone doesn't move..

Maybe a little squirt of WD40 under the phone might help? KY Jelly anyone? lol....

JGRE

macrumors 65816
Oct 10, 2011
Dutch Mountains
Can it also make panoramic pictures or is it just video? If so, it only makes your iPhone rotate and nothing else........

msandersen

macrumors regular
Jan 7, 2003
Sydney, Australia
Well I bought it but I doesnt rotate enough for me to get a full 360 degrees.I get more like 20. Wonder if its the surface its on? I was only able to try it on my desk.
I haven't tried it, but they do say it's meant for the iPhone 5's weight, although it will work with the heavier 4/4s, but not as well. The slickness of the surface is an obvious factor too.

DogHouseDub

macrumors 6502a
Sep 19, 2007
SF
Works as advertised with iPhone 5. Smooth surface is a must. Don't see the utility yet, but spent a buck to support the cause.

testcard

macrumors 68040
Apr 13, 2009
Northumbria, UK
I see it more as an exercise app. Set it up for 10 revolutions, hit Start, and then run around the kitchen table, attempting to remain in the frame as your iPhone rotates.

PeckhamBog

macrumors 6502
Nov 28, 2007
London
Volume not included

I was puzzled initially where the 'Settings' button was to change the lack of sound.

Then my brain decided to wake up and tell me that the buzzing from the vibrate would interfere with the sound input, hence the audio free video recording.

Still, I've managed to get a 'wow' off everyone in the family including my anti-Mac eldest.

hamkor04

macrumors 6502
Apr 10, 2011
More than 15 years ago we used to play with old Nokia phones by putting them in vibrate mode

rang

macrumors newbie
Jul 5, 2010
LAME on a 4S

Maybe works for the light weight 5 like the article says...but how many 4/4S's are out there compared to the 5???

How many.

If you're going to code an app and you want to make money with a fixed price...what's you're **smart target** audience???

baryon

macrumors 68040
Oct 3, 2009
This is awesome, but why a 360º video? Wouldn't a 360º panoramic still image be a lot cooler?

lkwan

macrumors member
May 3, 2007
I5 and the app doesn't work

I don't have granite counter tops... And I can't get app to work at...

Worst .99 I have spent, should have bought a rt 44 from sonic!

louiek

macrumors 6502
Mar 7, 2006
Knutters Knoll, Melbourne
Worked just fine for me on a laminated kitchen benchtop which is far from polished. Couldn't work out how to get sound till my brain kicked in and realised that wouldn't work. 360 panorama photo would be great, still don't know why the camera app stops at 180. Great wow factor, gonna' be a hit at NYE party.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.