Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Rory Manton

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 13, 2005
Yeovil Somerset
Hi all, both my Good Lady and I have iphones, her's is a 4 and mine is a 5 can we connect via bluetooth? We have both made the phones discoverable and both go through the searching phase but nether of them find each other.

What are we doing wrong?

Sorry to be a bit thick here but I thought it was possible.:D

Thanks all.

DefBref

macrumors 6502
Feb 26, 2011
What is the reason for pairing them? AFAIK you can only pair them via bluetooth to share a hotpsot connection.

Idevices don't allow file sharing via blutooth between devices natively

Rory Manton

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 13, 2005
Yeovil Somerset
What is the reason for pairing them? AFAIK you can only pair them via bluetooth to share a hotpsot connection.

Idevices don't allow file sharing via blutooth between devices natively

I'm sorry for being thick here but can you explain this in small words and English to me. For a living I hit things with hammers so I'm not that smart.:D

DefBref

macrumors 6502
Feb 26, 2011
You can pair headphones, keyboards, gps units, other devices with specific functions (not phones).

You can also set a wifi hotspot up and share this connection via bluetooth to other devices.

Rory Manton

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 13, 2005
Yeovil Somerset
You can pair headphones, keyboards, gps units, other devices with specific functions (not phones).

You can also set a wifi hotspot up and share this connection via bluetooth to other devices.

Ok, thanks for that info.

In reality for me it means nothing of use can be done with the iphone bluetooth.

Thanks again.:D

ramgopal

macrumors newbie
Jun 3, 2014
Blutooth Device For Connection

This bluetooth device is use for on device make pair with another device. when device have bluetooth an its Bluetooth automatically connection with other then it is a solution to your bluetooth connection problems. It automatically tries to connect to your Bluetooth devices when Bluetooth has been.
Thank You.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.