Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bobright

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jun 29, 2010
Ok made a thread about how nice and cheap this Optical drive I just purchased was. Well turns out thats not the case for me. I figured plug and play it would show in Finder and be off and working.

It is not being read by my Mac at all. It has a USB with 2 connections so put both of those in, tried popping in a CD and nothing. Its not shown in Finder, Disk Utility or my Dekstop what other options are there? It says it is Mac compatible:mad::(

kpgh554

macrumors regular
Dec 29, 2011
iver england
Ok made a thread about how nice and cheap this Optical drive I just purchased was. Well turns out thats not the case for me. I figured plug and play it would show in Finder and be off and working.

It is not being read by my Mac at all. It has a USB with 2 connections so put both of those in, tried popping in a CD and nothing. Its not shown in Finder, Disk Utility or my Dekstop what other options are there? It says it is Mac compatible:mad::(

depending what opt drive mine is a lg came with 2 usb connections only use one on my desk top as other for laptop extra power, not needed for desktop

bobright

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jun 29, 2010
depending what opt drive mine is a lg came with 2 usb connections only use one on my desk top as other for laptop extra power, not needed for desktop

Whew ok un-plugged one and then restart my machine, it now picked it up. Im not sure which did it but thanks. :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.