Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Apple TV and Home Theater

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Dec 28, 2012, 08:14 PM   #1
Madmic23
macrumors 6502

New home distributed audio / video advice

Hi everyone, my wife and I are building a new home. I'd like to prewire it for audio and video. My main goal was distributed audio to 5 zones of the house with in-ceiling speakers, but I'm also looking at video distribution as well and am looking for some input from others who may have done this.

Since it's a new home, I'm working with a clean slate. I plan on running all of the speaker wire, coax cable, and Ethernet to a central location in the basement. In this location, I plan on putting an amp for the speakers (potentially a Nuvo system), a network switch or router, and my cable modem. My main computer will be located in the office in the second floor.

I want to hard wire AppleTV's to the master bedroom and the main TV room to minimize the strain on my wireless network. A third and fourth AppleTV may be thrown into the mix at a later time.

I'm considering putting a MacMini as a central server in the basement connected to a large external HDD where all of my other connections will be made. It will just run iTunes, and I will manage the library from the iMac in my office.

Does this all make sense, or am I missing something?

Thanks for the input.
Madmic23 is offline   1 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Apple TV and Home Theater