Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

colodane

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 11, 2012
Colorado
I have an iPad 2 that was previously synched to my MacBook. I've since purchased a 2011 iMac and am getting ready to sell the MacBook, so want to eliminate any dependance on it.

Some time ago I deselected synching of calendars, email, music, etc. etc. from the MacBook and selected them on the iMac so am now synching everything except for IOS apps directly to the iMac either via USB, wi-fi or iCloud. The remaining item is syncing of the iPad apps. Questions:

When I connect the iPad to the iMac and select "sync apps", I get a warning message saying: "Are you sure you want to sync apps? All existing apps and their data on the iPad will be replaced with apps from this iTunes Library." I want to keep the apps and associated data as they are presently on the iPad and don't want to lose them, so I have not preceded from there. Am I misreading the warning message? How do I keep the iPad as is and just set the iMac up to sync any future changes?

I couldn't see any way to deselect the app syncing on the MacBook, like you can deselect synching of the other content. How do I do this (if required)?

On the iPad, in the Settings/General/iTunes Wi-Fi sync item it shows the iMac for everything except apps and the MacBook for apps. After I get the app syncing to the iMac set up, how do I get the MacBook to disappear from this listing if I can't deselect app synching from the MacBook?

Answers to these and any other questions I wasn't smart enough to ask will be appreciated.

Thanks!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.