Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Mac Community > Community Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Dec 29, 2012, 09:58 AM   #1
ozaz
macrumors 6502a

What devices make up your home network?

Just ordered a couple of new networking devices, including a NAS device for the first time. It got me enthusiastic to start adding some new toys and so I'm curious as to what others use within their home network.

Please describe/list your devices. I'm particularly interested in router and NAS choices and new fangled devices like network connected TVs, speakers, photo frames, kitchen appliances, home surveillance, etc. I'm not so interested in the specifics of all your computers/tablets/phones, but mentioning at least the operating systems used for these devices will be helpful for contextualising your other choices. If you want to go further, please feel free to explain your choices and what you hope to add in the future.

My list,
Computers: Windows PCs and Macs
Tablets: iPads
Phones: iPhones and Androids
Router: Airport Extreme (on order)
NAS: Synology DS213 (on order; intended use is as a backup location and media server)
Digital Media Receiver / gaming: xBox 360
Printer: Brother DCP-750CW

Next thing I want to add is a wireless speaker system (ideally one that is both DLNA and Airplay compatible)
ozaz is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Mac Community > Community Discussion