Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Dec 29, 2012, 03:23 PM   #1
Spikeywan
macrumors 6502

About to import into iPhoto.

I have recently migrated from Windows, and have sorted all my photos into individual folders, with no subfolders.

I've read up on iPhoto, and am ready to let go of the Windows Way of having each photo as a discrete file, and am ready to import them all into iPhoto.

Am I right in thinking that if I ever do need the individual files, I can simply export them from iPhoto?

So, I have 81 named folders ready to import. What's the best way of going about this, so that I can retain the photo groupings?

Should I import the folders one at a time to create an event for that folder, or just import the whole lot in one go?

Thanks.
MacBook Pro, Retina, 2.3 GHz i7 Haswell, 16 Gb RAM, 512 Gb Flash, Mavericks.
Spikeywan is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store