Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Jethryn Freyman

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Aug 9, 2007
Australia
iPhone 5 running iOS 6. Worked perfectly up until today. Now it can see wireless networks, but gives an error message (screenshot below) when I try to connect. I can see the networks, but the phone won't connect. Tried turning wireless on and off, the phone on and off to no avail. I've tried with two different routers, same result, and both routers work fine with other Macs, PCs, an iPad 2 running iOS 6, and an iPhone 4S running iOS 5.1.1.

Any help?

6MYvE.jpg

April Dancer

macrumors regular
Apr 11, 2006
Surrey, UK
Me neither. Everything else connecting fine but got iP5 yesterday and nothing. Have tried switching everything on and off blah blah and no joy.

Renee3000

macrumors newbie
Dec 1, 2012
I have the same problem

Hi Guys, any luck figuring this out?

----------

iPhone 5 running iOS 6. Worked perfectly up until today. Now it can see wireless networks, but gives an error message (screenshot below) when I try to connect. I can see the networks, but the phone won't connect. Tried turning wireless on and off, the phone on and off to no avail. I've tried with two different routers, same result, and both routers work fine with other Macs, PCs, an iPad 2 running iOS 6, and an iPhone 4S running iOS 5.1.1.

Any help?

I have the same problem. Any luck trying to figure this out?

Dance4light

macrumors newbie
Dec 29, 2012
New iPhone 4s will not connect either

I have 2 iPhones (model 4), 3 MacBooks and a new iPad and have never had a problem connecting to my home wireless (Linksys-G 2.4 GHs model WRT54G). I bought my husband a new iPhone 4s for Christmas and it will not connect automatically to the wireless. When it does connect by going into settings, it quickly drops the connection. I have updated my router software and double checked that all of the settings are set as recommended on the Apple site. Verizon sent me a new iphone (4s) and it does the same thing.

Can anyone recommend the next step? Do I need a new router?

Ardzii

macrumors newbie
Dec 28, 2012
I have 2 iPhones (model 4), 3 MacBooks and a new iPad and have never had a problem connecting to my home wireless (Linksys-G 2.4 GHs model WRT54G). I bought my husband a new iPhone 4s for Christmas and it will not connect automatically to the wireless. When it does connect by going into settings, it quickly drops the connection. I have updated my router software and double checked that all of the settings are set as recommended on the Apple site. Verizon sent me a new iphone (4s) and it does the same thing.

Can anyone recommend the next step? Do I need a new router?

That's really weird ... Indeed, it may come from the fact that your current router is a bit old and that you have many devices connected... But still, it shouldn't be a problem.
I think that, because you already tried everything else, the only solution that remain will be, as you suggested, changing the router. But I strongly suggest that first you ask a friend or anyone to lend you one and try it out before spending money on something that might or might not work.

----------

Hi Guys, any luck figuring this out?

----------

I have the same problem. Any luck trying to figure this out?

Have you guys tried to reset the network settings of your iPhones ?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.