Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Southern Dad

macrumors 68000
May 23, 2010
Shady Dale, Georgia
Ignore the Mac Pro and HP Windows 8 machine on the desktop but the rest are PowerPC's.
7858745834_a5f173e55d_b.jpg

Southern Dad

macrumors 68000
May 23, 2010
Shady Dale, Georgia
What do you use all those for?

When the planets line up right, I tap into NORAD and realign all the satellites. No really, I use them for printing coupons. The major couponing sites have terms of service that say that you can print two coupons per computer that you own.

I bought a few pallets of surplus from some schools and decided to put a lot of them to good use. I don't knew monitors, keyboards or mouses because I use Remote Desktop to control them. Let's just say the women in the couponing groups love me.

GermanyChris

macrumors 601
Jul 3, 2011
Here
when the planets line up right, i tap into norad and realign all the satellites. No really, i use them for printing coupons. The major couponing sites have terms of service that say that you can print two coupons per computer that you own.

I bought a few pallets of surplus from some schools and decided to put a lot of them to good use. I don't knew monitors, keyboards or mouses because i use remote desktop to control them. Let's just say the women in the couponing groups love me.

lol

Southern Dad

macrumors 68000
May 23, 2010
Shady Dale, Georgia
Seems like a lot of work for coupons!

Actually, very little work indeed. I spend about an hour a week locating and printing coupons each week. Then I spend about two hours per week doing the shopping. I hit four Publix on my way to work and the same four on my way home. Pretty quick and easy when you know what you are purchasing. Added benefit is that my Fitbit gets lots of extra steps as I grab those groceries.

Here's an example: Publix had Campbell’s Slow Kettle Soups, Gourmet Bisques, Go Soups, 14 oz-18.3 oz, $2 this week. I love the Slow Kettle Soups.

Publix had a $2 off 2 Soups Printable Coupon AND that could be combined with $1 off each can manufacturers printable coupons. Making the soup, FREE! (My favorite price)

In addition if you purchased it on Wednesday or Thursday (different day in each market) you could take advantage of the Penny Item which last week was 64 ounce Apple Juice. Another freebie after coupon this week was Gerber Stage 2 Baby Food, not a product that I need but I gave a big box of them to a single mommy that I know and now she thinks, I rock.

PowerPC computers are perfect for coupon printing machines. Nothing needs to be on them other than Safari, Java and your printer driver. PowerPC's are very inexpensive to acquire, require very little work to set up. As you saw, I used teenage labor for the eMacs.

ihuman:D

macrumors 6502a
Jul 11, 2012
Ireland
Here is my iMac G5. Love it.

I'd love one of the ALS or iSight 20'' models! Even if they can be unreliable.

Edit: My new setup is a Powerbook G4 15'' Hi-Res and a 17'' iMac G4 1.25GHz. Pic. in attachments.

Attachments

• WP_000084.jpg
    WP_000084.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 163
Last edited:

wrinkster22

macrumors 68030
Jun 11, 2011
Toronto
Working just fine, no problem at all. F3 and F4 are shortcuts for Exposé and Dashboard, so it is great for Leopard. ;)

I have a rev a g5 running panther and all the top row keys are messed up. (volume, brightness, eject,) Also ? and those keys.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.