Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

oldmanmax

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 8, 2005
Upstate NY
Have taken and copied address book in for from old mac ppc, now want to install it on the new mac book pro. But can not for the life of me find the structure on the new mac? How do I get the address book folder in the right place on the mbp? Help!

Ardzii

macrumors newbie
Dec 28, 2012
Have taken and copied address book in for from old mac ppc, now want to install it on the new mac book pro. But can not for the life of me find the structure on the new mac? How do I get the address book folder in the right place on the mbp? Help!

I think, if I remember correctly, that the adress book (the file with the contacts) should be located in Library > Application Support > Adress Book >...
To access the Library Folder you have to hit the Option Key of you keyboard while looking in the upper menu of the Finder titled "Go".

If anyone could confirm or if you could find confirmation on google to be sure not to delete important stuff...

Weaselboy

Staff member
Jan 23, 2005
California

Here is a better way. Open Address Book and click on a contact, then hit command-a to select all. Then drag the whole list to the desktop. This will create one vcard file that can be imported on the new machine, or any other machine for that matter like Windows or GMail.

To import on the new machine just open Address Book and hit command-o then point to the vcard file as the import source.

Rainforrest

macrumors newbie
Jan 2, 2013
Costa Rica
Deleted my Address Book and do not have a start up disk

Hi,
I'm so angry at my self, for some reason I deleted my address book about a few months ago. Since then, I have been leaving without this important and much need it tool. I don't have a start up disk, because I bought this machine already used. Could you please help me.:)

Weaselboy

Staff member
Jan 23, 2005
California
Hi,
I'm so angry at my self, for some reason I deleted my address book about a few months ago. Since then, I have been leaving without this important and much need it tool. I don't have a start up disk, because I bought this machine already used. Could you please help me.:)

You mean you deleted the Address Book application itself? You will need to reinstall the OS to get it back. What version are you on? If you are on Lion or Mountain Lion you can just command-r boot and reinstall. If on an earlier version call 1800MYAPPLE to get a new install DVD.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.