Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store

Old Dec 27, 2012, 08:13 PM   #1
davelanger
macrumors 6502a

Why can't I filter on the iTunes Store anymore

why cant i filter on the itunes store anymore? I used to be able to search for a band, then click on songs, then filter by most popular or what ever, but now with the new itunes I cannot. Is this a glitch? Is there a work around for it
davelanger is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 27, 2012, 08:30 PM   #2
overanalyzer
macrumors 6502a

You still can. Follow the same directions you wrote, but instead of clicking on Songs, click on the little "Show All" link on the top right of the Songs search results. Then you can sort by popularity etc.

EDIT: No, actually, I think you're right. You can *view* the popularity that way, but I don't think you can sort by it anymore. Weird.

EDIT 2: Ok, if you click the band name, you'll get a list of Albums and Songs, which are sorted by "Bestsellers" by default. So I think that's what you're looking for.
Old Dec 29, 2012, 04:33 PM   #3
davelanger
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by overanalyzer View Post
You still can. Follow the same directions you wrote, but instead of clicking on Songs, click on the little "Show All" link on the top right of the Songs search results. Then you can sort by popularity etc.

EDIT: No, actually, I think you're right. You can *view* the popularity that way, but I don't think you can sort by it anymore. Weird.

EDIT 2: Ok, if you click the band name, you'll get a list of Albums and Songs, which are sorted by "Bestsellers" by default. So I think that's what you're looking for.
Yeah you can kind of sort by using the best sellers (thanks), but it still does not put the most popular in order though, it seems to group them, so you will get some popular songs near the top, then if you scroll down, it will have that bar full again. Its weird how they group things now, I really dont like it
davelanger is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store