Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

davelanger

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 25, 2009
why cant i filter on the itunes store anymore? I used to be able to search for a band, then click on songs, then filter by most popular or what ever, but now with the new itunes I cannot. Is this a glitch? Is there a work around for it

overanalyzer

macrumors 6502a
Sep 7, 2007
Boston, MA USA
You still can. Follow the same directions you wrote, but instead of clicking on Songs, click on the little "Show All" link on the top right of the Songs search results. Then you can sort by popularity etc.

EDIT: No, actually, I think you're right. You can *view* the popularity that way, but I don't think you can sort by it anymore. Weird.

EDIT 2: Ok, if you click the band name, you'll get a list of Albums and Songs, which are sorted by "Bestsellers" by default. So I think that's what you're looking for.

davelanger

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 25, 2009
You still can. Follow the same directions you wrote, but instead of clicking on Songs, click on the little "Show All" link on the top right of the Songs search results. Then you can sort by popularity etc.

EDIT: No, actually, I think you're right. You can *view* the popularity that way, but I don't think you can sort by it anymore. Weird.

EDIT 2: Ok, if you click the band name, you'll get a list of Albums and Songs, which are sorted by "Bestsellers" by default. So I think that's what you're looking for.

Yeah you can kind of sort by using the best sellers (thanks), but it still does not put the most popular in order though, it seems to group them, so you will get some popular songs near the top, then if you scroll down, it will have that bar full again. Its weird how they group things now, I really dont like it

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.