Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Old Nov 28, 2012, 05:51 PM   #1
felixen
macrumors 6502a

Anyone else getting a buzz in the ear speaker during calls on iPhone 5?

I have noticed a lot of times when speaking on my iPhone 5, I hear this annoying buzz in the little ear speaker. The people on the other end can't hear the buzz. Have anyone in here experienced this?
felixen is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 28, 2012, 07:12 PM   #2
aphexacid
macrumors 6502a

A buzz? Or more like a crackle/distortion?

Does it go away when you lower the volume?

If so, i had a 4S that did this. It drove me crazy. I ended up having to get it replaced for something else, and the replacement didn't do it.
aphexacid is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 8, 2012, 07:20 PM   #3
felixen
macrumors 6502a

It's like a constant buzz. I haven't tested what happens when I adjust the volume, but definitely will try next time it happens. This is one of those things that just get more and more annoying everytime it happens :/
felixen is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 25, 2012, 12:16 AM   #4
Phubler
macrumors newbie

I just got a new iPhone 5 about 4 days ago. I'm getting the same annoying buzz. It doesn't feel like the phone is vibrating when it buzzes it just has the sound. It is faint but there. Have you found a solution yet?
Phubler is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 25, 2012, 02:06 AM   #5
FixBrokeni
macrumors member

If significant enough it could be a defect in the speaker.
FixBrokeni is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 25, 2012, 11:42 AM   #6
Jordan921
macrumors 68030

Nope haven't noticed any buzz in the speaker while on the phone.
Jordan921 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 29, 2012, 02:40 PM   #7
Ncragains
macrumors newbie

Just asked my wife if she was getting the same noise as my phone. Mine is. Hers is fine. Getting more annoying. Probably going to take it for replacement.
Ncragains is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 29, 2012, 05:30 PM   #8
E2EK1EL
macrumors 6502

Receiver Buzzing:
This started with the IP4S when data is being loaded, you can run any app (I pick Speedtest) to load data and place the phone to your ear to hear it.

Bottom Speaker Buzzing:
This happens when a game is running, I noticed it back last year when I started to play Infinity Blade 2 on the IP4S.

Go into a totally silent environment, run a game (I pick Angry Birds Seasons), make sure the game vol is dead zero, silent mode on and lift the IP5 speaker to your ear.

Do the same thing when you've existed and killed the everything on the multitask dock, the buzzing is gone.

Infinity Blade 2 does some serious "snap, crackle and pop" sounds when you fast forward the cut scenes.

Last edited by E2EK1EL; Dec 29, 2012 at 06:02 PM.
E2EK1EL is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 29, 2012, 05:42 PM   #9
abz1981
macrumors 65816

Buzzgate??!

Think this is the start or buzzgate. We can add this to bendgate and scratchgate for the iPhone 5 lol.

Nah just joking. To the OP. nope not got this issue on mines. If I was you I would just take it to apple for a replacement.
Old Dec 30, 2012, 07:56 PM   #10
CedricEarl
macrumors member

Unfortunately I experience this. It is very very faint. But when you first recognize it the faint sound for me is now very prominent. So what did I do? I took it back to apple of course. And they gave me a new phone of course. They then gave me the "don't restore from iCloud backup speech" which is rather annoying be it that I have Over 270 apps. So I didn't. I used my phone (the new one) heading home from the apple store. And of course the faint buzzing started again. I'm over it. I had NOTHING on my phone. I proceeded to individually download everything and not restore. This was about 3 weeks ago. As of today I still tolerate the issue. So if anyone comes up with an answer I'd be glad in knowing.
CedricEarl is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone