Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

chrismarle

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 18, 2011
Canada
Hi guys,

It seems that when I purchase a movie on my iPhone 5 on the iTunes Store that it's only downloaded in 720p (even if the movie is available in 1080p).

I don't think there is a way to download it in 1080p but I'm asking just in case.

Thanks!

Davejprince

macrumors regular
Sep 29, 2012
The Netherlands
That is correct, on the iPhone there is not a noticable difference between 720p and 1080p so that is why it is 720p when downloading to iPhone and 1080p when downloading to your Mac or PC.

chrismarle

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 18, 2011
Canada
That is correct, on the iPhone there is not a noticable difference between 720p and 1080p so that is why it is 720p when downloading to iPhone and 1080p when downloading to your Mac or PC.

Yeah but I would have transfered it in my iMac (and watched it on my Apple TV3) when I would've been back home and since I have rural internet acces with a really low usage, I would have used the fast internet that I'm having tonight to download a few movies. Sucks that I forgot my iPad 4.

Anyway, thanks and if someone has an idea, feel free to share!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.