Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Hudzilla

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 12, 2007
England
Hi, I have an issue with the buy button in iTunes being greyed out on my iPhone.

I've checked my card details are up to date, no restrictions set, and I have sufficient space on my phone to store the album, yet it's greyed out, and a lot of other albums are too.

Has anyone got any suggestions?

Arcade

macrumors 6502
Oct 1, 2012
Bronx, NY
I had this same problem with my iphone. It turned out to be my ipad settings I had automatic downloads turned off in iTunes & apps store. I turned them on then I was able to make purchases with my iphone.

Hudzilla

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 12, 2007
England
I've resolved the issue now, it was something to do with iBooks? I deleted it, and it must have skewed the setting somehow???

No idea really, but once I reinstalled it, I'm now able to down load music from iTunes again.

Thanks everyone.

vastoholic

macrumors 68000
Jan 28, 2009
Tulsa, OK
I've resolved the issue now, it was something to do with iBooks? I deleted it, and it must have skewed the setting somehow???

No idea really, but once I reinstalled it, I'm now able to down load music from iTunes again.

Thanks everyone.

Well that's certainly a weird problem. Glad you got it fixed. I don't know if I call it a problem if it happened to me. It would be like a sign saying "stop buying apps/music/movies". :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.