Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store

Old Dec 29, 2012, 07:23 PM   #1
coldjeanzzz
macrumors 6502a

What are Growl notifications exactly? (Twitter related)

I've been trying to find a way to get other people's tweets to show up in notification bubbles on my desktop but I haven't been able to figure it out yet. Twitter through the new ML notification center doesn't do this

So I installed Twitter for Mac through the app store and I went into preferences and turned on "Growl Notifications" for Tweets. However I don't think this is working as I still don't see the bubbles and they don't go into the notification center for me to see them later. Maybe I'm mistaken and that's not what Growl notifications are supposed to do?

This would be so incredibly useful so I hope someone out there and created a way to do this
coldjeanzzz is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 29, 2012, 10:27 PM   #2
Small White Car
macrumors G4

Growl is its own program. It was like the Notification Center before the NC existed.

You'd need to install Growl for that to work. What you turned on in Twitter sends the notice to Growl, but if you don't have Growl it goes nowhere.

http://growl.info/purchase
Small White Car is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 29, 2012, 10:58 PM   #3
coldjeanzzz
macrumors 6502a

Haha yeah I just figured it out. I guess it's worth it so I'll buy it
coldjeanzzz is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store