Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

aPple nErd

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Feb 12, 2012
Jailbreaks/IOS Hacks
Ok idk how I did it, but I downgraded from 6.0.2 back to 6.0.1. I had blobs but I didnt think it was compatible yet? I'm just sooo happy now that I could downgrade back to 6.0.1 now if only I could restore to 6.0....

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008
At the iPhone hacks section.
Believe what you want but its common sense and that's how the shsh blobs work for the iphone for years.
If apple still releases/signs the firmware version then you can downgrade without any hacks or prior replay shsh blobs.
Read up on it more here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SHSH_blob
http://www.saurik.com/id/12
You didnt invent or discovered something that is not well known and there already.

vastoholic

macrumors 68000
Jan 28, 2009
Tulsa, OK
It's not like you discovered something radical. Your downgrade didn't really help you at all, in fact you downgraded to a worse version. There is currently no benefit to what you did. There is no jailbreak out to the public for any version of iOS6 so it doesn't matter what you downgrade to.

thehumorpolice

macrumors newbie
Jun 17, 2012
6.0.2 killed my cellular data connection even after a restore. I would have to cycle airplane mode several times a day to get cellular data when leaving wifi. I downgraded to 6.0.1 where I didn't have these issues. In my opinion 6.0.1 is better.

Last edited by a moderator:

aPple nErd

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Feb 12, 2012
Jailbreaks/IOS Hacks
6.0.2 killed my cellular data connection even after a restore. I would have to cycle airplane mode several times a day to get cellular data when leaving wifi. I downgraded to 6.0.1 where I didn't have these issues. In my opinion 6.0.1 is better.

THANK YOU! Finnaly SOMEONE understands my thread and can put it to good use! :)

Last edited by a moderator:

vastoholic

macrumors 68000
Jan 28, 2009
Tulsa, OK
Yes. I had bad battery and my data dropped more often and my phone would say no sim every once in a while...

If you had stated that at the very beginning as the reason you were excited to downgrade, a lot of this criticism would have been avoided I think.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.