Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bwillwall

Suspended
Original poster
Dec 24, 2009
I was hoping to get some good quality bluetooth headphones that I can also plug into a regular 3.5mm jack if I need to. (Note that the wireless beats didn't used to have this option but now they do) Everyone seems to say beats aren't worth it but I simply can't find any I like better that are cheaper. The bluetooth klipsch headphones don't seem any better or much cheaper and they are sort of ugly.. (yeah I care about looks quite a bit too) So what do you guys recommend?

TwoBytes

macrumors 68040
Jun 2, 2008
a lot of people say the wireless isn't is as good quality as the cheaper solo HD in the beats range. Not sure if bluetooth 4.0 would help but there are very few headphones with 4.0 spec..

bwillwall

Suspended
Original poster
Dec 24, 2009
a lot of people say the wireless isn't is as good quality as the cheaper solo HD in the beats range. Not sure if bluetooth 4.0 would help but there are very few headphones with 4.0 spec..

Really? In all the reviews they said that the wireless sounds great. I thought bluetooth was even able to keep up with lossless audio? Correct me if I'm wrong though. Most reviews in fact say they sound better than the solo HDs. However I have heard lots of complaints that the bluetooth cuts out on them so not I'm wondering if I shouldn't just go wired and get the solos :(

TwoBytes

macrumors 68040
Jun 2, 2008
Rather than read, go and listen to them if you're going to spend that much. Let us know what you think too! 8)

lightz39

macrumors regular
Nov 30, 2012
I can't speak for the bluetooth but my studios sound fantastic. However my Bose Soundlink 2 bluetooth speaker sounds incredible as far as bluetooth and music quality go.

Gofre

macrumors regular
Feb 7, 2011
The Sennheiser MM400 will sound better for less money, I strongly urge trying to find somewhere you can buy them and return them if you don't think they sound better than the tripe that constitutes the Beats lineup.

bwillwall

Suspended
Original poster
Dec 24, 2009
So I got them... now I'm having issues with bluetooth cutting out and when I called beats the guy blamed Apple and said they were having issues with Apple's latest software connecting to bluetooth. When I called Apple, they told me I have to pay to ask questions as usual.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.