Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Dec 30, 2012, 07:14 PM   #1
Obsessorize
macrumors newbie

iMessage and FaceTime issues. Server vs Me...

Hi, I recently got the 5 and even updated it to the latest iOS. I went through all of the setup correctly, all of my apple Ids and passwords are correct and was able to pull everything from iCloud. My problem lies in iMessage/FaceTime. First, it still says 'waiting for activation' (even after 24 hrs). Next, when I click on my ID to view my account it says 'unable to contact iMessage/FaceTime server. Try again.'. Also, under 'you can be reached at...' my phone number is greyed out and unchecked.

I've tried everything except calling apple...i.e. reset, hard reboot, check date/time, checking for correct phone number, changing the DNS on my wifi to the google server...nothing works. I don't know if the server really is down and other people are having this problem or if I'm just missing something. Thanks in advance for any help!!
Obsessorize is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone