Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks

Old Dec 30, 2012, 03:23 PM   #276
cheezeit
macrumors 6502

there's a slight tear i feel coming on. Maybe its time to move on too...
cheezeit is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 30, 2012, 04:45 PM   #277
hakr100
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by isoft7 View Post
Best thing to happen to the iOS JB scene in years is for Installous to die... piracy is obviously a big part of the reason Apple fights so hard.

Anyways, if you know anything about the playing field you know Installous was last years news.
In two days, jailbreaking also will be last year's news.

"Jailbreaking the new iPhones...it's dead, Jim."
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	461px-Deforest_Kelly_Dr_McCoy_Star_Trek.JPG
Views:	14
Size:	48.9 KB
ID:	386822  
hakr100 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 30, 2012, 04:51 PM   #278
dinggus
Banned

Quote:
Best thing to happen to the iOS JB scene in years is for Installous to die... piracy is obviously a big part of the reason Apple fights so hard.

Anyways, if you know anything about the playing field you know Installous was last years news.
Yes since everyone pirates. If Apple allowed Trial apps, there would be no need for Installous, why? Because you have torrents/filehosts.

Plus, last time I tried finding an app on Installous, all I received was API errors.
dinggus is offline   3 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 30, 2012, 06:48 PM   #279
guitarmandp
macrumors 6502

I've paid for about 98% of my apps. What I liked about installouis was you could find apps that were pulled from the app store like itether.
guitarmandp is offline   3 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 30, 2012, 08:39 PM   #280
srf4real
macrumors 68030

I've paid for EVERY app on my iPhones, unless they were free. Including $hundreds$ to tweak devs in Cydia store. And I will jailbreak when it is released for the iP5. The chronic dev team are hackers, not thieves. They will carry on, and those who used installous and move on to droid now that they can't get their "free trials" , I say good riddance. They are a millstone around the JB community's neck, imo.
Old Dec 30, 2012, 09:28 PM   #281
lokster
macrumors 6502

could be the end of an era, im disapoointed installous died, they had a huge archive of old apps that my ipod 2g appreciates and i got to try some of the apps that i couldnt even afford. im not one for piracy but 10$ for an app is steep even for me.
Old Dec 30, 2012, 10:25 PM   #282
isoft7
macrumors 6502a

lol... anyone trying to justify installous makes me laugh.

But maybe it is time to accept that the jb scene is dead... and for that maybe the iphone and apple as well. Kind of feels like the stock drop is justified.

Anyways I'm moving back to android, so I couldn't care less anymore.
isoft7 is offline   5 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 30, 2012, 10:26 PM   #283
ARSkemp
macrumors 6502

Gotta say, I'm beginning to lose hope. I had a JB 4s before my 5. The main reason I upgraded to an iPhone 5 a few weeks ago was because I got the phone free through a new job. It was tough losing all the jailbroken tweaks I was accustomed too. I've probably got ~ $50 bucks or so invested in Cydia tweaks.

I honestly don't care if the jailbreak costs money. I'd expect it to, people have put a lot effort into finding these exploits and utilizing them. I would easily pay $20 for a jailbreak. Probably even double that if I really had to.

I can tell you I am not going to jump ship (yet) if no jailbreak ever comes out for the iPhone 5. Yes, I have played around with androids (with ICS, rooting, custom roms) and that is not what I am looking for. Maybe if it continues to mature in the pace it has I will eventually switch, but for now its just not for me. I want a customizable/tweakable iOS experience. It's what I personally enjoy using the most.
Old Dec 31, 2012, 01:28 AM   #284
ipos
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by HankHowdy View Post
Installous is now gone. Hackulous is now gone. JB scene really is dead. Perhaps most people who jailbreak their phones have now moved to android since their platform is a lot more stable now.
somehow i agree , time to move on to android
ipos is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 31, 2012, 01:44 AM   #285
MacRumorUser
macrumors Demi-God

Quote:
Installous is now gone. Hackulous is now gone. JB scene really is dead. Perhaps most people who jailbreak their phones have now moved to android since their platform is a lot more stable now.
So the software that basically indulged pirating is gone, and you think they moved to android because its a lot more stable..... Yeah that was the reason

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinggus View Post
Yes since everyone pirates. If Apple allowed Trial apps, there would be no need for Installous, why? Because you have torrents/filehosts.

Plus, last time I tried finding an app on Installous, all I received was API errors.
How terrible for you....

And we've heard the 'trial' and the 'I buy the ones I like' excuses so many times before.

----------

Quote:
lol... anyone trying to justify installous makes me laugh.
+1 I guess it eases the conscience!
MacRumorUser is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 31, 2012, 01:52 AM   #286
mrsir2009
macrumors 604

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARSkemp View Post
I honestly don't care if the jailbreak costs money. I'd expect it to, people have put a lot effort into finding these exploits and utilizing them. I would easily pay $20 for a jailbreak. Probably even double that if I really had to.
If no one will make a jailbreak for free, someone should make one and charge for it - I too would pay $20 for an iOS6 Jailbreak.
mrsir2009 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 31, 2012, 02:04 AM   #287
Medic311
macrumors 65816

i will never give up my jailbroken iPad 3 w/ iOS 5.1.1

BTC Mouse is just too great...it allows me to turn my iPad 3 into a true laptop replacement with all day battery life
Medic311 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 31, 2012, 03:19 AM   #288
mamema
macrumors regular

regarding installous, perhaps its the other way around. Piracy not possible anymore, now there are more possibilities to get a jailbreak. i0nic was one of the devs which regrets to work on jailbreaks because of piracy
mamema is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 31, 2012, 03:42 AM   #289
dinggus
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medic311 View Post
i will never give up my jailbroken iPad 3 w/ iOS 5.1.1

BTC Mouse is just too great...it allows me to turn my iPad 3 into a true laptop replacement with all day battery life
How did I not know about this tweak? Thank you!!! Now I will definitely pay for a jailbreak!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamema View Post
regarding installous, perhaps its the other way around. Piracy not possible anymore, now there are more possibilities to get a jailbreak. i0nic was one of the devs which regrets to work on jailbreaks because of piracy
Piracy sucks, got it. But there are legitimate buyer who try apps out and buy them.

Last edited by dinggus; Dec 31, 2012 at 03:47 AM.
dinggus is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 31, 2012, 04:02 AM   #290
Schnedi
macrumors 6502a

and do you think piracy dies with installous? LoL!

xsellize, sinfuliphone, clubifone, iphoneame, iapplications, appcake, wnmstore, iphone app lists, idownloads, iRapple.... do i have to continue?
Schnedi is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 31, 2012, 04:25 AM   #291
mamema
macrumors regular

Quote:
How did I not know about this tweak? Thank you!!! Now I will definitely pay for a jailbreak!

Piracy sucks, got it. But there are legitimate buyer who try apps out and buy them.
i'm sure the community can go without these two or three people.
mamema is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 31, 2012, 04:29 AM   #292
dinggus
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schnedi View Post
and do you think piracy dies with installous? LoL!

xsellize, sinfuliphone, clubifone, iphoneame, iapplications, appcake, wnmstore, iphone app lists, idownloads, iRapple.... do i have to continue?
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamema View Post
i'm sure the community can go without these two or three people.
What 2 or 3 people? I'm just saying, not everyone jailbreaks for piracy. If Installous just makes it easier, a piracy app store. Everyone that I know who has an iPhone doesn't even know what jailbreaking is. They see my phone and ask why it looks different, and I tell them and they ask if I can jailbreak their phone. Of course they are always updating the firmware or upgrading their phones, so I cant.
dinggus is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 31, 2012, 04:58 AM   #293
thewitt
macrumors 68000

Though not everyone jail breaks for piracy, every pirate jail breaks...
thewitt is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 31, 2012, 05:37 AM   #294
Fritsc
macrumors newbie

f.lux. ****ing f.lux.

That is all.
Fritsc is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 31, 2012, 07:59 AM   #295
srf4real
macrumors 68030

Quote:
"A lot more stable now"... This is exactly why the iPhone is superior. Because Apple's platform just is stable. I would rather have an iPhone 3s jailbroken than any droid that exists now or probably ever will.
Old Dec 31, 2012, 08:26 AM   #296
Dr Sam Beckett
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by srf4real View Post
"A lot more stable now"... This is exactly why the iPhone is superior. Because Apple's platform just is stable. I would rather have an iPhone 3s jailbroken than any droid that exists now or probably ever will.
defensive much?
he didnt say it is more stable than iOS..lol he was just saying android is much further along than it was years ago.
Dr Sam Beckett is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 31, 2012, 08:36 AM   #297
Schnedi
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Thanks!

What 2 or 3 people? I'm just saying, not everyone jailbreaks for piracy. If Installous just makes it easier, a piracy app store. Everyone that I know who has an iPhone doesn't even know what jailbreaking is. They see my phone and ask why it looks different, and I tell them and they ask if I can jailbreak their phone. Of course they are always updating the firmware or upgrading their phones, so I cant.

i said it just for people knows installous is not the only piracy site/app. i didn't use Installous for piracy. yes i had it on my phone ONLY because i used VEVO app BUT since it's available in the Spanish AppStore i don't use installous and it's not in my i4 anymore...

Quote:
"A lot more stable now"... This is exactly why the iPhone is superior. Because Apple's platform just is stable

if you say that is probably because you have no ******** idea about Android! have you used the S3 and Jelly Bean? the best Open OS.

Quote:
I would rather have an iPhone 3s jailbroken than any droid that exists now or probably ever will.

yes, because an iphone without jailbreak is not a "complete" phone. it's soo sad you to buy a device for 700 and cannot event customize it!!....
Schnedi is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 31, 2012, 08:50 AM   #298
johndallas999
Banned

Quote:
i said it just for people knows installous is not the only piracy site/app. i didn't use Installous for piracy. yes i had it on my phone ONLY because i used VEVO app BUT since it's available in the Spanish AppStore i don't use installous and it's not in my i4 anymore...

if you say that is probably because you have no ******** idea about Android! have you used the S3 and Jelly Bean? the best Open OS.

yes, because an iphone without jailbreak is not a "complete" phone. it's soo sad you to buy a device for 700 and cannot event customize it!!....
I agree and am regretting my iPhone 5 purchase. Without question am going to Andriod next go round. Unfortunately I imagine the number of users Apple loses over this will be extremely minimal as most are clueless soccer moms.
johndallas999 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 31, 2012, 09:07 AM   #299
ZeRoLiMiT
macrumors 6502

The way it looks like the jb scene has died out! I've invested money cydia aswell and with my iPhone 5 can't use it! sucks but the way it looks I think its dead!
ZeRoLiMiT is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 31, 2012, 09:13 AM   #300
MikeyMike01
macrumors 6502

Quote:
I've used Jelly Bean on my Galaxy Nexus. Both versions.

It's laughable (to say the least) compared to iOS.
Apple TV (3rd Gen)
MikeyMike01 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks