Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Mac Community > Community Discussion > Politics, Religion, Social Issues

Old Dec 30, 2012, 03:57 PM   #76
G51989
macrumors 68020

Quote:
Originally Posted by glocke12 View Post
oh, i agree and my post was facetious....but seriously, the guy is obnoxious as hell...anyone who comes on his show and disagrees with him or offers opposing viewpoints gets shouted down and is not given enough time to answer his question.
You just described 100% of FOX News.
G51989 is offline   5 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 30, 2012, 04:36 PM   #77
G51989
macrumors 68020

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdowns View Post
When you yell to your guest, regardless of the topic, "you're an unbelievable stupid man", you're as bad as Limbaugh and O'Reilly.
That is an invalid argument. Because his guest. Was really an unbelievably stupid man. Its not really an opinion. Its a fact, its like saying the sun is hot. Its a fact that is impossible to deny. Unless you watch fox. Which in that case, its time to idk.....stop thinking? or talking? Or breathing? Really, Fox viewers. We are better off without you.

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdowns View Post
From my reading, they'd have a sizable crowd cheering it on.

In reality, the royal family costs them like $60 million a year. The US spends over $1 billion a year for its President.
To be fair, that 1 billion covers everything, including very good security. So its a good investment not to get your leader killed.

On the other end...the Royal family doesn't really do anything besides look pretty and waste tax payer money. Yeah sure they attract idiot tourist to Britain. But other than the Royal family.....whats good in Britain? Not much besides Blackpool. It's nothing more than USA 2.0. I'd much rather go to France or Germany.
G51989 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 30, 2012, 04:46 PM   #78
glocke12
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by G51989 View Post
You just described 100% of FOX News.
not really...there are some commentators there that are ok..Brett Baier for one...

also, Ive already mentioned elsewhere that I think other Fox Commentators are boobs...
glocke12 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 30, 2012, 04:47 PM   #79
MacNut
macrumors P6

Quote:
not really...there are some commentators there that are ok..Brett Baier for one...

also, Ive already mentioned elsewhere that I think other Fox Commentators are boobs...
What other reason is there to watch Fox News, I like the cleavage.
Old Dec 30, 2012, 04:50 PM   #80
Dr McKay
macrumors Demi-God

Send a message via MSN to Dr McKay Send a message via Skype™ to Dr McKay
Quote:
Originally Posted by CorvusCamenarum View Post
The First Amendment guarantees you the right to run your mouth. It does not guarantee you a platform from which to run said mouth.
But isn't he still free to practice his 1st Amendment rights on TV?
Old Dec 30, 2012, 04:53 PM   #81
MacNut
macrumors P6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr McKay View Post
But isn't he still free to practice his 1st Amendment rights on TV?
As long as it doesn't break FCC rules you can do what ever you want on TV.
Old Dec 30, 2012, 05:14 PM   #82
G51989
macrumors 68020

Quote:

Chris Wallace....and thats it in my opinion. I think FOX news is nothing more than a facade, for corporate interests.

I think FOX is a propaganda network driven by corporate interests. I think Chris Wallace is there to stop the FCC from yanking their license. As a news network.( It has already been yanked in the in several countries. For not really being news, just opinion ) Their main talking heads are Hannity and Bill O'Rielly. Both of which have lied multiple times on air, and don't let anyone with an opposing viewpoint get a word in.

Fox is nothing more than a propaganda network that targets the weak minded.

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacNut View Post
As long as it doesn't break FCC rules you can do what ever you want on TV.
Exactly.

Thats how FOX can lie, make **** up, and never tell the full story. And be allowed on Air.

I mean FOX is the network that loves to Ignore the fact that 5,000 American Soldiers, 2500+ French, Danish, French, and British soliders were killed in Iraq, and 155,000 innocents were killed in Iraq.

Then freaks out that " 4 dead american's were killed because Obama didn't care "

Last edited by G51989; Dec 30, 2012 at 05:43 PM.
G51989 is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 30, 2012, 10:37 PM   #83
thekev
macrumors 603

Quote:
Originally Posted by G51989 View Post
That is an invalid argument. Because his guest. Was really an unbelievably stupid man. Its not really an opinion. Its a fact, its like saying the sun is hot. Its a fact that is impossible to deny. Unless you watch fox. Which in that case, its time to idk.....stop thinking? or talking? Or breathing? Really, Fox viewers. We are better off without you.
Escalating things in an interview sort of takes the point out of the interview. You don't really derive information from that. If you're going to yell at the guest, why not start by not inviting them on? The biggest point of frustration I could see for an interviewer is if certain valid topics are placed off limits in advance.

MacRumors Forums > Mac Community > Community Discussion > Politics, Religion, Social Issues