Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > Alternatives to iOS and iOS Devices

Old Dec 30, 2012, 11:46 PM   #1
mathman
macrumors newbie

Android Battery Charging?

Hi folks -

I recently switched from an iPhone 5 to a Galaxy Note II and absolutely love it. Just one question, though ... when charging the Note II, do I need to worry about leaving it plugged in for too long (once it's hit 100%) or about doing any battery conditioning? Do I need to run it down to 0 (or close) before charging it the first few times?

I know that I've never worried about this with Apple devices, but I also know that Samsung's battery warranties leave something to be desired, and I may not be able to replace it for free if I have problems down the road?

Advice?

Thanks,

MM
mathman is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 31, 2012, 01:01 AM   #2
siiip5
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mathman View Post
Hi folks -

I recently switched from an iPhone 5 to a Galaxy Note II and absolutely love it. Just one question, though ... when charging the Note II, do I need to worry about leaving it plugged in for too long (once it's hit 100%) or about doing any battery conditioning? Do I need to run it down to 0 (or close) before charging it the first few times?

I know that I've never worried about this with Apple devices, but I also know that Samsung's battery warranties leave something to be desired, and I may not be able to replace it for free if I have problems down the road?

Advice?

Thanks,

MM
You don't need to worry about it. I've had my S3 for going on 7 months and Note2 for going on the 3rd month. I have treated these phones just like my previous iphones without issue. I'm currently at 13.5 hours on my S3 with nearly 3 hours of onscreen time and still 27% battery remaining. Anf this is on the smaller S3. I get better results on the Note2.

Point is, treat it just like your iphone.
siiip5 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > Alternatives to iOS and iOS Devices