Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

wharzhee

macrumors 6502
Apr 27, 2010
texas
Just so it's clear, The Ted (Unrated) Bluray Combo Pack redeems Ted in HD on iTunes, but it's the Theatrical Version not the Unrated Version and this is verified by Universal!

Would like to thank you for the list that u diligently update.
It helped me a lot.

emaja

macrumors 68000
May 3, 2005
Chicago, IL
Just bought the 100th anniversary editions of The Bourne Identity/Supremacy/Ultimatum and all are SD. US versions.

I emailed Universal and they said "no" to HD download codes. Bummer.

ltb7

macrumors 6502
Nov 5, 2010
the beach
Here's a link to a new spreadsheet that I have taken the time to create.
Changes aren't allow so nobody can mess it up like they did with the old one.
If you have info, please PM me with the info. Sorry UK, people aren't really updating so you guys can make your own, nothing personal!

Thanks,

GadgetMan

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?key=0AsWmsPu1B4XKdEhzN3RqWnRpVGZHMFYwWlRqVkNaUXc&output=html

THANK YOU SO MUCH!

i love the fact that you put the disc needed as well

was checking the "old" list and was shocked that nemo + brave were HD!! as of now, all disney DC's are SD - will this be changing??

you are the best!

Gadget-Man

macrumors member
Aug 19, 2009
You are very welcome for the list! For now the answer about Disney DC's is NO, they aren't changing to HD, that old spreadsheet is all messed up, some jerk went in and just randomly put in HD and SD, that's why the new spreadsheets have to been edited by the owner of the spreadsheets.

THANK YOU SO MUCH!

i love the fact that you put the disc needed as well

was checking the "old" list and was shocked that nemo + brave were HD!! as of now, all disney DC's are SD - will this be changing??

you are the best!

wharzhee

macrumors 6502
Apr 27, 2010
texas
American Reunion - SD - Extras - No Disc
Tyler Perry's Madea's Witness Protection - HD - Extras - No Disc
Big Miracle - SD - Extras - No Disc
Footloose - SD - Extras - No Disc
Silent house - SD - No Extras - No Disc
Snow White and the Huntsmen (EE) - SD - Extras - No Disc
Mission: Impossible - Ghost Protocol - SD - Extras - No Disc
The Adventures of Tintin - SD - Extras - No Disc

Inception - SD - No Extra - No Disc required.
Pitch fever - HD - Extras - No Disc required.

Last edited:

northy124

macrumors 68020
Nov 18, 2007
Here's a link to a new spreadsheet that I have taken the time to create.
Changes aren't allow so nobody can mess it up like they did with the old one.
If you have info, please PM me with the info. Sorry UK, people aren't really updating so you guys can make your own, nothing personal!

Thanks,

GadgetMan
Thank you for this :)

-----

Reading through the thread, am I correct in understanding HBO are re-releasing Blu-ray titles? I haven't picked up Game of Thrones yet as I was waiting for a price drop but if they are being released with digital copies, I don't mind paying the $50 if it is region free of course ;)

Still have to decide whether I want to buy Girls or not but as it is $25/£15 I think I may bite the bullet and go for it :p I just hope they re-release Entourage with Digital Copies too!!!!

benh911f

macrumors 6502
Mar 11, 2009
Northy,
Yes, HBO Sets that have already been released, True Blood, GOT, were or are being re-released with Digital Copies. The new versions are called HBO Select. It will say right on the packaging HBO Select, so you don't have to worry about getting the ones without DC. They also come with DVD versions as well. If the set has not been released yet, i.e. GOT Season 2, it looks like HBO will be releasing all these future sets as part of the HBO Select format.

pagames

macrumors newbie
Dec 24, 2012
USA
Thanks for starting and continuing this thread. I went to Best Buy and picked up 'My Big Fat Greek Wedding' 10th Anniversary Special Edition and downloaded the HD file through iTunes. I downloaded it at 720p.

On the shrink wrap, there was a sticker that stated 'HBO Select 3 Ways to Watch...' This is the only mention I found of 'HBO Select'. On the sleeve, it mentions the Digital Copy must be redeemed by 11/30/2014. The ISBN on the sleeve is 0-7806-8991-7. No ISBN or barcode on the Case itself.

pavelbure

macrumors 6502a
Feb 22, 2007
The nightmare before christmas 3d downloads in sd and requires a disc.

Despicable Me blu ray 3d sd disc needed

Last edited:

HazyCloud

macrumors 68030
Jun 30, 2010
it appears only certain latest titles turn out to be in HD.
The older ones are only redeemable in SD.

Yeah, I saw the picture a few pages back of Chronicle in HD so this must have been an older copy. The problem when buying them is not knowing if it's a newer one or not.

wharzhee

macrumors 6502
Apr 27, 2010
texas
Yeah, I saw the picture a few pages back of Chronicle in HD so this must have been an older copy. The problem when buying them is not knowing if it's a newer one or not.

ok. thanks [trying to chalk up post] lol. thanks, i didnt know[abt the MP]!

donrsd

macrumors 6502
Dec 16, 2011
South Florida
Anyone notice some of their Apple digital copies are no longer available?

I know these below have been removed from my Apple TV & 'purchased tab' (all digital copies are from bluray digital copy codes, if that makes a difference)
  • Act of Valor
  • American Gangster
  • Rise of the Planet of the Apes

HazyCloud

macrumors 68030
Jun 30, 2010
I have some as well. Jurassic Park (Digital Copies) still show up under Purchased but are nowhere to be found on the store.

On the other hand, my Forgetting Sarah Marshall (Unrated) version is gone from Purchased and the store. This is strange because it was a bundle with Get Him to the Greek (Unrated) and it still shows under Purchased but is gone from the store.

I'm just glad I have all of these downloaded and backup in multiple places. Just another reason you can't trust the cloud when it comes to licensing.

wharzhee

macrumors 6502
Apr 27, 2010
texas
I have some as well. Jurassic Park (Digital Copies) still show up under Purchased but are nowhere to be found on the store.

On the other hand, my Forgetting Sarah Marshall (Unrated) version is gone from Purchased and the store. This is strange because it was a bundle with Get Him to the Greek (Unrated) and it still shows under Purchased but is gone from the store.

I'm just glad I have all of these downloaded and backup in multiple places. Just another reason you can't trust the cloud when it comes to licensing.

Forgetting Sarah Marshall still shows up on mine [in the iCloud].
Check if it went hidden.

wharzhee

macrumors 6502
Apr 27, 2010
texas
Unrated, hd.

that's strange. u said it's missing from the store, but i just did a search and i see available in the store(iTunes)
:confused:

Gadget-Man

macrumors member
Aug 19, 2009
UPDATE: Just spoke with 20th Century Fox and they state that it's an SD iTunes Digital Copy.

Anyone know if Taken 2 iTunes Digital Copy is redeemed in HD? Yes, I am being told you need a disc to redeem it and usually that means SD, but just wanted to be sure and know about extras so I can update the spreadsheet.

Last edited:

Gadget-Man

macrumors member
Aug 19, 2009
Sheet just updated with:

End Of Watch - HD, with Extra's, No Disc Needed
Paranormal Activity 4 - HD, with Extra's, No Disc Needed

It's funny cause I contacted Paramount and asked if any of their movies (includes Paranormal Activity Movies) that include digital copies redeem in HD and they stated, "The Digital Copy feature for all Paramount Pictures titles is offered only in Standard Definition. The packaging states, "THE DIGITAL COPY CONTAINS A COPY OF THE MOTION PICTURE ONLY, IN STANDARD DEFINITION FORMAT, WITH AN ENGLISH LANGUAGE TRACK."

UPDATE: Just spoke with 20th Century Fox and they state that it's an SD iTunes Digital Copy.

Anyone know if Taken 2 iTunes Digital Copy is redeemed in HD? Yes, I am being told you need a disc to redeem it and usually that means SD, but just wanted to be sure and know about extras so I can update the spreadsheet.

Last edited:

wknapp0924

macrumors 6502
Sep 14, 2012
Honolulu, HI
My List of VUDU

Safe - SD- not sure if this is from a dvd or bluray
The Five Year Engagement - HDX - 4/30/15
Dictator - HDX
Dark Knight Rises HDX - 12/4/14
Prometheus HDX - 10/12/14
Rock of Ages regular and extended HDX 10/09/2014
Savages HDX
What to expect when your expecting - SD - not sure if this is from a dvd or bluray
Campaign - HDX - 10/30/2014
Magic Mike - HDX - 10/23/2014
Seeking a Friend for the End of the World - HDX
Cabin in the woods - SD
The Amazing Spiderman HDX - 11/09/2014
Chernobly Diaries - SD - 10/14/14
Moonrise Kingdom HDX
Madagascar 3 - HDX
Hope Springs SD
Men in Black 3 - HDX - 11/30/2014
Abraham Lincoln Vampire HDX 10/23/14
The Bourne Legacy HDX
Dark Shadows HDX - 10/02/14
Pitch Perfect HDX
Ted HDX

Itunes compatible movies I own

What to expect when your expecting - SD
Ted - HD
Seeking a friend for the end of the World - HD
Savages - HD
Safe - SD
Pitch Perfect - HD
Moonrise Kingdom - HD
Madagascar 3 - SD (This code was not advertised as ITUNES, but it redeemed in Itunes)
Five Year Engagement - SD
The Dictator - SD -(This code was not advertised as ITUNES, but it redeemed in Itunes)
Cabin in the Woods - SD
The Bourne Legacy- HD

It looks like Paramount digital copies will redeem in VUDU/Flixster and Itunes. Hope this helps. I will update whenever I get more digital copies.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.