Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Desktops > iMac

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Dec 31, 2012, 08:01 AM   #1
MetzoPaino
macrumors member

Best lock for an iMac?

I'm thinking about purchasing a lock for my iMac and having it tied around the desk that it stands on.

Any suggestions?

I've heard horror stories of cheap locks breaking and then the tumbler is just stuck in the hole, so I'm not adverse to paying for a "premium" brand.

Seems like I could get the Kingston Slim Microsaver lock, which is pretty cheap. It would also work with future laptops/computers, though as I've seen in a recent thread, if a thief was yanking at it to pull it off, because its attached to the display there would be a lot of damage.

http://store.apple.com/uk/product/T4334LL/A/kensington-slim-kevlar-microsaver-lock-white

Other option seems to be the Kensington SafeDome, which seems more secure, and wouldn't damage as much because it connects to the stand. However it wouldn't work on anything else, and the gap for the external cables doesn't seem too big and I've got 4 USB, Ethernet and a power cable going through.

http://store.apple.com/us/product/H9445LL/A/kensington-safedome-secure-lock-for-imac
MetzoPaino is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Desktops > iMac