Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Archive > Wasteland

View Poll Results: Which cycle are you on?
Definitive AT&T original pioneer cycle. 4 66.67%
S-Cycle 2 33.33%
Voters: 6. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old Dec 31, 2012, 06:37 AM   #1
Bobby Corwen
macrumors 68020

Are you on the "S-Cycle" or on the prestigious Steve-Jobs-Reset-Cycle?

If you are getting a new upgrade every 2 years you're most likely to be on one cycle or the other.

Most common if you're on AT&T is: iPhone1>iPhone3G>iPhone3GS(eligibility reset)>iPhone4>iPhone5

If you're not on that cycle you're probably in the alternate:
???>???>iPhone4S>iPhone5S?

Usually you can tell if someone had the 4S they were bandwagoners after Apple went Mach Turbo 9000 on everyone but if you were stuck on a 4 cycle, you were probably there from the start on AT&T.

The regular cycle is the most prestigious for sure. Plus your guys are getting all the new redesigns one year late while we are getting them as they are invented and only have to suffer through spec bumps and gimmicky add ons while you guys have to watch as the whole world gets to play with brand new Apple creations while you wait all year long.

Last edited by Bobby Corwen; Dec 31, 2012 at 06:44 AM.
Bobby Corwen is offline   0
Old Dec 31, 2012, 07:06 AM   #2
hafr
Banned

Haha, wait, let me get this straight. You're saying it's more prestigious to buy a subsidised phone in 2012 than 2013? You're kidding, right?

I buy all of my phones at full price, you must think I'm ultra hyper super prestigious then?
hafr is offline   5
Old Dec 31, 2012, 07:09 AM   #3
Bobby Corwen
macrumors 68020

Quote:
Originally Posted by hafr View Post
Haha, wait, let me get this straight. You're saying it's more prestigious to buy a subsidised phone in 2012 than 2013? You're kidding, right?

I buy all of my phones at full price, you must think I'm ultra hyper super prestigious then?
My question would then be why you are out of the norm?

Are you not in America?

Ooh that's gonna lose you some prestige points...
Old Dec 31, 2012, 07:26 AM   #4
AFDoc
In Time-Out

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Corwen View Post
The regular cycle is the most prestigious for sure. Plus your guys are getting all the new redesigns one year late while we are getting them as they are invented and only have to suffer through spec bumps and gimmicky add ons while you guys have to watch as the whole world gets to play with brand new Apple creations while you wait all year long.
Fail troll post. Get a life guy, a phone is a phone not an item of "prestige".
AFDoc is offline   3
Old Dec 31, 2012, 07:30 AM   #5
BHP41
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
If you are getting a new upgrade every 2 years you're most likely to be on one cycle or the other.

Most common if you're on AT&T is: iPhone1>iPhone3G>iPhone3GS(eligibility reset)>iPhone4>iPhone5

Usually you can tell if someone had the 4S they were bandwagoners after Apple went Mach Turbo 9000 on everyone but if you were stuck on a 4 cycle, you were probably there from the start on AT&T.

Wait, wouldn't having the latest model make you the most prestigious. Are you sure you understand this word?

To your question I'm on both.
BHP41 is offline   2
Old Dec 31, 2012, 07:58 AM   #6
Menel
macrumors 601

Quote:

A smartphone is a nerd tool that is obsolete in ~3-4yrs.

There is nothing even remotely prestigious about it. Get better priorities.
Old Dec 31, 2012, 08:22 AM   #7
Bobby Corwen
macrumors 68020

Quote:
Originally Posted by BHP41 View Post
Wait, wouldn't having the latest model make you the most prestigious. Are you sure you understand this word?

To your question I'm on both.
If you have both that is most prestigious.

It's like you have disposable funds and don't have to worry about getting every other one. You just get every phone that comes out. That is ideal.

I almost did this and got the 4S but never got around to it.

But no, the next most prestigious is getting on the defacto standard legacy cycle which means you have been rolling with Apple since the beggining of the second coming of the glory days.
Old Dec 31, 2012, 08:31 AM   #8
Beeplance
macrumors 65816

Buy an iPhone and be happy with it.

No point comparing here and there. You'll only doubt your own decision and be unhappy about it.
Beeplance is offline   0

Closed Thread
MacRumors Forums > Archive > Wasteland