Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JoelBC

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 16, 2012
I am using OS X Mail as my mail client and am running into a problem regarding the "Organize by Conversation" capability / feature.

I have the viewing configured as follows:

20121231_osxmail_preferences_viewing_zpsa3fe0466.png

It is my understanding with respect to the "View conversation" section that:

1. "Highlight messages..." means that all the messages in a conversation in the message list, to help you identify them more easily...THIS I LIKE!

2. "Include related messages" means that all related messages from other mailboxes will be included when viewing a conversation...this is important because it provides a complete conversation...THIS I LIKE!

The problem that I have is that with Mail so configured the e-mails that make up the "conversation thread" are all being grouped in one e-mail...THIS I DO NOT LIKE!

This can be removed / resolved via the from the menu bar by navigating to VIEW --> ORGANIZE BY CONVERSATION and deselecting this item.

Though one would think that the above deselection would solve the problem it DOES NOT because the deselection DOES NOT stick...that is, each time I open Mail ORGANIZE BY CONVERSATION is selected.

Would appreciate someone helping me permanently deselect this feature / option.

Thanks in advance,

Joel

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.