Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tomiko

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 6, 2010
Hi, i want to make a friend buy me a Mac Pro from Japan when he's coming to me in europe. but i wanted to be sure.

is the Mac Pro made for the Japanese market any different from the one from USA or it's EXACTLY the same as the ones sold in the USA? i just want to be sure i am not buying something that's not normal to the normal lol :D.

i think it'll be the same but i don't know this..i am new to the iFamily.

davie18

macrumors 6502
Dec 29, 2010
it's probably better for you to post this in the mac pro section, unless you actually meant macbook pro.

Nov 28, 2010
located
The keyboard layout is different and the preset language is set to Japanese, which can be remedied by changing it in System preferences.

And since this is the MacBook Pro sub-forum, but you are talking about the Mac Pro, normally it is the other way around, which Mac are you talking about?

Mac Pro
overview_hero4.png

MacBook Pro
2nbhanm.jpg

tomiko

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 6, 2010
ooooooooh sorry.

i am talking about the MacBook PRO. (notebook/laptop) :)...

tomiko

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 6, 2010
@ChristianJapan so should i make my friend request for an English keyboard? can this be so he gets just the normal keyboard like from the USA for instance.

i can't buy in Europe because here, in the Apple shop the prices are twice as much. like the macbook pro is not already expensive.

ChristianVirtual

macrumors 601
May 10, 2010
日本
@ChristianJapan so should i make my friend request for an English keyboard? can this be so he gets just the normal keyboard like from the USA for instance.

i can't buy in Europe because here, in the Apple shop the prices are twice as much. like the macbook pro is not already expensive.

On the online store http://store.apple.com/jp/browse/home/shop_mac/family/macbook_pro you can configure Japanese or US keyboard.
image.jpg

They might have it also in the stores itself; sometimes they ask me what keyboard I wanted.

tomiko

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 6, 2010
thank you very much @ChristianJapan.

so the Keyboard i can buy a US version and change the language. Great. i'm buying it! thank you very much for everyone's help. fully appreciated.

ohaiyo gozaimasu! :apple:

Nov 28, 2010
located

Where in Europe, if you do not mind? Because I still find it hard to believe, as I only know of VAT and that makes them seem more expensive than the US stores.

tomiko

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 6, 2010
Where in Europe, if you do not mind? Because I still find it hard to believe, as I only know of VAT and that makes them seem more expensive than the US stores.

ok i'll show you. i live in Poland.

the price for MacBook Pro with Retina Display 256gb is $2,199.00 in the USA. In Japan it's even less about $2,075.

now in Poland it's

33e7jap.jpg

if you convert this to USD you get $3298.40

l8hm9.jpg

that's a $1100 price difference, impressive right?

even if i make someone buy in Japan for me and let's say he doesn't bring it to me but ships here to Poland, maybe DHL will cost 300$ and say i'll pay 300$ on customs tax, i still save 500$ :)

beysus

macrumors member
Dec 11, 2012
Why don't you buy it in Germany? If I understood your configuration correctly the one you want costs 2.279,00 € in Germany. I don't know where you live but making a trip there won't cost that much I guess or you have a friend over there ordering it for you. I'm not sure if they got the English keyboard layout in stock though.

Or travel to the UK.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.