Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

radiologyman

macrumors 6502a
Jul 23, 2011
One hand operation and light weight are very important to me. I hope that screen will get larger without compromising image quality and above requirements. Bring on igzo screen!

corys00

macrumors regular
Sep 6, 2011
I might check out the 4" Droid Incredible LTE 4G just for giggles, but overall I'm really happy with current choice.

Trust me, stay away from that POS. My buddy works for Verizon and that was his Best device (it's a program in store to keep the newest phones in the employees' hands) and that phone is such a POS. God awful screen and so slow and the sound quality sucked.

I will say though, the OG Incredible was fantastic.

Michael CM1

macrumors 603
Feb 4, 2008
I want the next one because I want 4G and I want more than 16GB. Man, what a dumb move to save $100.

jimbo1mcm

macrumors 68000
Mar 21, 2010
I can wait.

My boyfriend has the Galaxy s3. It is a great phone, but it's too complicated for me. 90% of the cool things it does, I probably wouldn't even use it. I just want a phone that overall works well and is simple. All my other devices are Apple products anyway. I already tried the android thing, and now I want to switch to Apple. I've never owned an iPhone before.

Get the Ip 5 as soon as you can. The next iteration of the Ip 5 will just be a spec bump, which won't affect you much. You will really enjoy the Ip 5. Don't wait, you can get a really good deal on one.

dinggus

macrumors 65816
Jan 17, 2012
I'm on the S cycle I suppose. I'll upgrade to the 5S. I'm not saying I won't upgrade to the next iPhone after that if the size isn't bigger, that's just ridiculous. But if Apple realized an iPhone the size of the Note 2, I'd probably get that one.

I have a question, it's probably a stupid one. Why doesn't Apple just realize multiple sizes? 3.5", 4", 5.5" screens?

tomjleeds

macrumors 6502a
Jul 19, 2004
Manchester, UK
I jumped ship to the S3 when the iP5 went to the weird tall skinny form factor. I don't see the 5S or whatever getting a larger screen so i'll skip that also. If the 6 has the screen I want then i'll be back. If not, I'll probably skip that also.

The weird tall skinny form which is the same as the S3 :rolleyes:

tomjleeds

macrumors 6502a
Jul 19, 2004
Manchester, UK
You must not have ever seen a S3. The screen size is not the same as the iP5. It's wider. Maybe you should research a bit before you post things like this.

You must not understand the difference between "size" and "width". Maybe you should research a bit as these are pretty basic concepts.

Both screens are the same ratio. Size is completely separate from that.

RenoG

macrumors 65816
Oct 7, 2010
This topic is so last year...If you want a bigger screen go android if you simply don't care go apple.

Sodner

macrumors 68020
Jan 12, 2011
Pittsburgh, PA
I don't see the infatuation with giant screen phones. My cousin has one and it looks like he is holding up an iPad Mini when he makes a call. :eek:

For me, the size of the 5 is fine.

chakraj

macrumors 65816
Feb 6, 2008
So Cal
I don't see the infatuation with tiny screen phones. My friend has one and it looks like he is holding up an old small lcd calculator when he makes a call.

Dominicanyor

macrumors 65816
Apr 1, 2012
Florida
I use to have the evo a few years back then I got the 4s and never looked back. I'm thinking to upgrade once the 5s comes out but for now I'm very happy with my 4s.

zbarvian

macrumors 68010
Jul 23, 2011
Lets be real here...everyone in this thread who says that 4" is ideal would happily pre-order a 4.6-4.8" iPhone 6.

ericrwalker

macrumors 68030
Oct 8, 2008
Albany, NY
Lets be real here...everyone in this thread who says that 4" is ideal would happily pre-order a 4.6-4.8" iPhone 6.

For many of us it's mostly about the OS, and not the size of the screen. Personally I think the iPhone 5 screen is nice, but I like my 4S screen. When I am due for an upgrade next year I hope the size isn't bigger than the 4", but if it is, I'd most likely get it because like I said I like iOS.

SupadudeX

macrumors member
Nov 7, 2006
This topic is so last year...If you want a bigger screen go android if you simply don't care go apple.

It's this type of arrogant attitude that's going to eventually knock Apple off their iThrone.

Why make your customers choose between sticking with your products and switching to android over something as simple as screen size. Different people have difference preferences. Give them options. Mac laptops come in multiple sizes, iPads come in multiple sizes, why not iPhones too?

aliensporebomb

macrumors 68000
Jun 19, 2005
Minneapolis, MN, USA, Urth
Ah!

I know some people prefer the current size, 3.5 or 4. But both of these are too small especially after playing the samsung or HTC phones.

Those big phones just look nice. I am so tempted to buy those phones and just give up my iPhone.

Apple should be more considerate and make a few options. Let the customer pick.

I have friends who feels the same too.

I had to work on updating a users activesync password (I work in I.T. where there are people with all kinds of phones, blackberries, androids, iPhones - you name it) and it was ridiculous - I could hardly use the touchscreen at all - I was like a fumbling idiot just trying to type on his phone.

After 10 minutes of fumbling around with something that should have taken no more than a minute I found the darned thing had a slide out keyboard and used that. It was still awkward but the touchscreen on some of these droid phones are impossible to control. I could never use one.

jakeruston

macrumors regular
Jun 9, 2010
The Netherlands
Very much doubt the screen size will be increased in the next version.

A lot of developers haven't even upgraded their apps to the new resolution yet, never mind adding a 3rd one into the mix.

The next iPhone will probably just be a minor update.

dcpmark

macrumors 65816
Oct 20, 2009

Wrong. I will never get any phone over 4" ever again, unless there are NO phones that size. Had 'em, don't like 'em. I don't watch movies or TV on my phone......that's what a 60" plasma is for. I don't spend my days watching You Tube videos or surfing the web on my phone.....that's my iPad and HP Touchpad are for. I just want a small, light phone to make and take phone calls, get an email or two, send and receive texts, and serve up gobs of unlimited LTE to all of my mobile devices.

chakraj

macrumors 65816
Feb 6, 2008
So Cal
I had to work on updating a users activesync password (I work in I.T. where there are people with all kinds of phones, blackberries, androids, iPhones - you name it) and it was ridiculous - I could hardly use the touchscreen at all - I was like a fumbling idiot just trying to type on his phone.

After 10 minutes of fumbling around with something that should have taken no more than a minute I found the darned thing had a slide out keyboard and used that. It was still awkward but the touchscreen on some of these droid phones are impossible to control. I could never use one.

I know just what you mean, I once rode in a car, and it was bumpy and uncomfortable. I will never ride in a car again. I mean since one was like that then they all will be right?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.