Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

coolguy879

macrumors member
Aug 17, 2012
I live a few blocks from the 5th avenue Apple Store, but there are small tiny scratches on the bezel, camera, and sides. This was a replacement of my other iPhone . I'm afraid if I turn the phone in they won't be able to see the scratches since its only visible is bright light or sunlight. These scratches will obviously decrease the resale value.

Stop complaining. Think of the ppls without the iPhone 5. I have a moldy old 3GS

mebehere

macrumors 65816
Sep 21, 2012
I live a few blocks from the 5th avenue Apple Store, but there are small tiny scratches on the bezel, camera, and sides. This was a replacement of my other iPhone . I'm afraid if I turn the phone in they won't be able to see the scratches since its only visible is bright light or sunlight. These scratches will obviously decrease the resale value.

Look at the bright side. Wait, that's what makes the scratches visible. Stay fat.

FatGuy007

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 8, 2012
New York
How will you protect the phone from any additional marks? If they are microscopic... Do you really think your buyer will see them? Can you post pics?

I've sold iDevices before and people just sort of look them over quickly to see if there's any obvious damage. How much do you really think these marks will devalue your phone?

----------

This is obviously the way to go!

Just so everybody can know and see if I have OCD. The scratches can be quite visible without case, for example the camera scratch has a slight stretch of the lens of the camera, so it dont look like a perfect circle, like a small bump midway of a roundabout.

Chris092881

macrumors 6502
Dec 26, 2012
Just so everybody can know and see if I have OCD. The scratches can be quite visible without case, for example the camera scratch has a slight stretch of the lens of the camera, so it dont look like a perfect circle, like a small bump midway of a roundabout.

Don't let anyone here tell you what is and isn't acceptable. Now, if the scratches are so small that you need to focus up close to see them, you may be overdoing it. But if they're noticeable to you and you really feel like they are something you don't want to live with, then return the phone. Apple loves telling people what is and isn't acceptable, but really it's your call. The fact of the matter is YOU paid for the device. So do whatever you please and don't stop until you're happy.

itjw

macrumors 65816
Dec 20, 2011
Go buy a Samsung. They are indestructible and never ever show any damage under any circumstances...

I know. I would have thought plastic was, well, plastic, but they NEVER show any wear and tear. It's really incredible.

Since the cosmetics are all that matter, go do that!

FatGuy007

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 8, 2012
New York
Go buy a Samsung. They are indestructible and never ever show any damage under any circumstances...

I know. I would have thought plastic was, well, plastic, but they NEVER show any wear and tear. It's really incredible.

Since the cosmetics are all that matter, go do that!

I had the galaxy s3 as a previous phone, and I hated it for some reason. I don't know what was about it, the OS, the cheap feel to it, and for me it looked abnormally wide. That's what I like about the iPhone 5 thin and tall, no homo.

itjw

macrumors 65816
Dec 20, 2011
I had the galaxy s3 as a previous phone, and I hated it for some reason. I don't know what was about it, the OS, the cheap feel to it, and for me it looked abnormally wide. That's what I like about the iPhone 5 thin and tall, no homo.

No way!

Cheap feel!?!? They're indestructible and never scratch!

EVER

That seems to be all people care about. You mean to tell me it's not!??!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.