Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mebehere

macrumors 65816
Sep 21, 2012
Everything other than call quality: 10/10
Call quality: 0/10

From garbled, robotic, auto-tuned voices to the sensation my brain is being sucked out of my ear while driving, the call quality is worse than any phone I've ever owned. Using a BT headset while the phone is in my pocket? Can't understand a damn word.

Zerilos

macrumors 6502a
Dec 18, 2012
Thinner and lighter isn't always better. True Internet is faster but the average user probably won't even notice it. I only had the 4 and I don't feel the 5 was a huge upgrade

Disagree with all of the above. Also upgraded from 4, and I consider the differences to be significant.

TG1

macrumors 6502a
Feb 21, 2011
I'll go with a 9-9.5. Love the display, call quality, data reception (holds LTE far better than my Moto's), top notch camera, app quality, battery life, and design & build quality.

Zerilos

macrumors 6502a
Dec 18, 2012
9/10. Better battery life and a better keyboard would make it a 10 (not sayings its a bad battery but its not petfect). Some of my favorites changes that seldom get mentioned: way better speaker over i4; better microphones over 4, and no more face dials and hangups in middle of conversations.

Orka

macrumors regular
Dec 24, 2012
Moscow, Russia
6 to 7/10

I have one annoying problem which is can't get used to for already 2 weeks.
I don't like home button.
How to say it? Well, "press feel" is not as solid as in my old 4s.
Also it is not flush with front panel, it's a little reccesed and when i press it i feel sharp edges. I read that in US some people had their phones replaced over this, but here where i live (Moscow) i'm sure there is no chance.
My 4s had perfect home button.

Also, i think images taken by 5 are a little darker than those taken by 4S.
It' only noticable when taking picture indoors, evening light, in daytime they're probably on par...

melpote

macrumors member
Nov 8, 2010
GA
10/10 :D

I love the 5. The only bad thing is the guilt I feel for upgrading. I only got my 4S last spring and it works great. Just had to have the 5. But I am going to make myself keep the 5 until my actual 2 years is up. I have to get a grip on my apple geekness! :p

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.