Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Nychot

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 15, 2011
Mine just arrived and i pressed the facetime icon but my image isnt showing up. Its just showing blank pages for favorites, recents and contact. Is the front camera not working or am i missing something? All my other apple devices show image right away with facetime. Help appreciated.

touchu4g

macrumors member
May 19, 2012
Ipad3 ipad mini macbook air imac etc

Oh. I understand. When you open up the FaceTime app on a Mac or an iPad 2 or later, most of the screen will show stuff from the front facing camera and the rest will show the contacts, favorites and recents. Since the iPhone and iPod touch does not have enough space on the screen to show whatever is on the front facing camera, it limits it to contacts, recents and favorite. Then when you FaceTime someone, you'll see whatever is on the front facing camera.

Thetonyk123

macrumors 68000
Aug 14, 2011
Earth
Oh. I understand. When you open up the FaceTime app on a Mac or an iPad 2 or later, most of the screen will show stuff from the front facing camera and the rest will show the contacts, favorites and recents. Since the iPhone and iPod touch does not have enough space on the screen to show whatever is on the front facing camera, it limits it to contacts, recents and favorite. Then when you FaceTime someone, you'll see whatever is on the front facing camera.

Yep, although if apple really wanted it they could have squeezed it in somewhere..

Nychot

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 15, 2011
I downloaded a couple of other camera apps that work with the front camera and the camera dies work. So is correct that you have to do the contact first:D.

----------

I have an iPad mini, ipad3 and nexus 7 but the touch5 is great. It does it all and the screen is great plus the rear camera is pretty decent.:D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.