Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dinggus

macrumors 65816
Jan 17, 2012
I spent $700 at Ikea this morning, on:

- White table top with legs
- DIY Vanity: table top, drawer, mirror - Wife's Pinterest project.
- 3 bar stools - we go straight to clearance every time, and luck out. This time we found these for 50% off due to be display items. They look awesome!
- Kitchen items - wine rack, jars to hold powder.

Here are some photo's:
2012-12-31041128_zpsd597631a.jpg

E0260F2E-2BE9-4A7B-9478-4A8804C3A235-3805-00000028F0B433B4.jpg

Here is what her vanity will sort of look like:
diy-ikea-makeup-vanity-1.jpg

craigd

macrumors 6502
Jul 24, 2007
perth, AU
That TV is not straight dude

I don't do that Blu-Ray stuff. I just got the ATV2 and have it jailbroken running my movie library from my external HDD's. I'm going to move it down stairs so my wife and I can start using the living room more often and gets me off the computer. But as you can see, we have a dilemma.

Big wall, made the TV small! Doesn't even look like 55", I think a 70" would be perfect. I could get one for the same price I paid for this 55" :(

What's the difference between Active and Passive? One of them the glasses are battery operated?

Edit: Crap, I thought this was another TV thread I was participating in.

ericrwalker

macrumors 68030
Oct 8, 2008
Albany, NY
Good looking TV, it has a nice bezel. It looks a couple of feet too high though, you're going to give yourself whiplash, unless you watch it from bar stools.

The TV should be around eye level when watching it from it's usual watching position (couch or chair for most). Not eye level when standing or jumping.

I don't do that Blu-Ray stuff. I just got the ATV2 and have it jailbroken running my movie library from my external HDD's. I'm going to move it down stairs so my wife and I can start using the living room more often and gets me off the computer. But as you can see, we have a dilemma.

Big wall, made the TV small! Doesn't even look like 55", I think a 70" would be perfect. I could get one for the same price I paid for this 55" :(

What's the difference between Active and Passive? One of them the glasses are battery operated?

Last edited:

rhett7660

macrumors G5
Jan 9, 2008
Sunny, Southern California
Not my picture, but I just picked this one up from the dealer! It is a freaking hoot to drive..... Love it

Color is Graphite Mica

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2012-12-31 at Monday, December 31, 2012.png
    Screen Shot 2012-12-31 at Monday, December 31, 2012.png
    159.5 KB · Views: 77

dinggus

macrumors 65816
Jan 17, 2012
That TV is not straight dude

It's just the picture, according to the level it is.

Good looking TV, it has a nice bezel. It looks a couple of feet too high though, you're going to give yourself whiplash, unless you watch it from bar stools.

The TV should be around eye level when watching it from it's usual watching position (couch or chair for most). Not eye level when standing or jumping.

It's 4ft from the floor, we all sat on the couch and determined it was a good height.

ericrwalker

macrumors 68030
Oct 8, 2008
Albany, NY
It's just the picture, according to the level it is.

It's 4ft from the floor, we all sat on the couch and determined it was a good height.

Yes the bottom of the TV is ~4ft+ from the floor. I am guessing the center is about 5.5ft. Even if you watch the bottom bezel you're looking up the whole time while sitting down.

dinggus

macrumors 65816
Jan 17, 2012
Yes the bottom of the TV is ~4ft+ from the floor. I am guessing the center is about 5.5ft. Even if you watch the bottom bezel you're looking up the whole time while sitting down.

I just let the TV people do their job, I don't watch TV that much and the wife wanted it high enough to see from the kitchen. Happy wife, happy life is what I've been told, doesn't always seem correct. :p

ericrwalker

macrumors 68030
Oct 8, 2008
Albany, NY
I just let the TV people do their job, I don't watch TV that much and the wife wanted it high enough to see from the kitchen. Happy wife, happy life is what I've been told, doesn't always seem correct. :p

If you get your wife a TV in the kitchen (I am sure it's what she wants) she won't need to come out as much. Except to bring you a beer or sandwich. *

*Sarcasm

bax2003

Cancelled
Dec 25, 2011
Memory Upgrade For Mac Pro

Stock 8GB to 48GB

macproinfo.jpg

memoryinfo.jpg

BTW, Kingston KTH-PL313/8G modules are working fine in Mac Pro, despite shortage of temp sensor. Intake and exhaust fans did not speed up even after few hours of hard work.

e911cbcc639b90d1d72fd37b85a77bfe-360x300.jpg

Last edited:

haxrnick

macrumors 6502a
Aug 4, 2011
Seattle
Have a good sale going on now. Spend $75 get $30 off with code: JOYFUL

Couldn't pass it up.

Attachments

• foto.jpg
    foto.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 77

hatersgonnahate

macrumors 6502a
Jul 26, 2010

tv looks insanely high. and a bit crooked.:eek:

Pock

macrumors regular
Apr 22, 2012
Beds/Cambs, UK
6.jpg

Finally decided on a case for my iPhone 5 - a Speck Pixelskin HD. Had this case with my iPhone 4 and loved it.

361050-lightning-to-30-pin-adapter.jpg

Adapter for the car charger.

JakeBugMercury600101012.jpg

Jake Bugg's debut album on CD.

MV5BMTk4ODQzNDY3Ml5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwODA0NTM4Nw@@._V1._SY317_.jpg

The Dark Knight Rises iTunes download.

Last edited:

dinggus

macrumors 65816
Jan 17, 2012
tv looks insanely high. and a bit crooked.:eek:

It's level on the wall. So, it's either the new house or the picture.

As for height, it's the recommended height. I can watch TV fine from the couch, I'm also 6'3 so it might be different for others.

AC Rempt

Contributor
Feb 24, 2008
Just picked this load up last night at Best Buy. Samsung LED UN40ES6500, Samsung BD-E5900, Prometheus 3D Blu ray edition and some 3D glasses. I must say, the tv is great. Has an extremely good picture and the 3D is really neat. This was a delayed Christmas present to myself. :D

ScreenShot2012-12-30at65439PM_zpse61ba748.png

I bought the same set up last month, and it is really is a nice bit of hardware. One thing to keep an eye on: I had some issues with static over HDMI until I did a firmware upgrade on the TV, and now all is well.

hatersgonnahate

macrumors 6502a
Jul 26, 2010
It's level on the wall. So, it's either the new house or the picture.

As for height, it's the recommended height. I can watch TV fine from the couch, I'm also 6'3 so it might be different for others.

just sayin.

the soundbar will sound better on top of the tv imo.

May 8, 2008
Why is that? Sounds fine where it's at, I was going to buy an LG one and mount it under the TV and give my roommate back his.

I think he's just trying to live up to his username.

Either that or he thinks you're going to have him over soon.

NiKeZz

macrumors 6502
May 28, 2010
Topeka, Kansas
I bought the same set up last month, and it is really is a nice bit of hardware. One thing to keep an eye on: I had some issues with static over HDMI until I did a firmware upgrade on the TV, and now all is well.

Good to hear. I spent all day yesterday trying to figure out how to update the firmware on the tv and blu ray player. Got the TV updated, but the player doesn't want to take the extracted files from my Macbook. Gonna try a windows pc later this week. Are you using the 3D, or has it's glam worn off already?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.