Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Brounmoney

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 31, 2012
So I had a problem with my ipad screen and add to get a replacement. I did a backup in itunes yesterday. I just hooked my ipad up to my computer and the only back up options were from April of this year. Where could I find the back ups that I did yesterday?

nehope

macrumors member
Nov 27, 2012
When you say replacement, what do you mean? Was it the whole iPad? Which iPad is it? I replaced an iPad 3 with a smashed screen and the new (brown box) iPad didn't see my latest cloud backup. This was because the brown box replacement they gave me had iOS 5.1.1 and had to be updated before it could see any backups done in iOS 6.

HazyCloud

macrumors 68030
Jun 30, 2010
When you say replacement, what do you mean? Was it the whole iPad? Which iPad is it? I replaced an iPad 3 with a smashed screen and the new (brown box) iPad didn't see my latest cloud backup. This was because the brown box replacement they gave me had iOS 5.1.1 and had to be updated before it could see any backups done in iOS 6.

Good call. I read this earlier and couldn't come up with any reason why the backups wouldn't show up. I bet this is it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.