Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bhigh8

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 23, 2012
how come when i did a restore for my wifes phone, it added some of her apps and some of mine. we each have a seperate itunes account. i did a backup and then update to 6.0.1 and then out of the backup, her phone is a mess now

any ideas?

bhigh8

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 23, 2012
how come when i did a restore for my wifes phone, it added some of her apps and some of mine. we each have a seperate itunes account. i did a backup and then update to 6.0.1 and then out of the backup, her phone is a mess now

any ideas?

now i put all of her apps on and her "other" went up to 2gb on an 8gb phone. so if i do another restore it will put wrong apps on it again. this is all after having to that this phone out of recovery mode. what a mess.

someone help please.

numberforty1

macrumors 6502
Oct 6, 2012
Canada
now i put all of her apps on and her "other" went up to 2gb on an 8gb phone. so if i do another restore it will put wrong apps on it again. this is all after having to that this phone out of recovery mode. what a mess.

someone help please.

how old is the phone. apple has 1 yr phone assistance

bhigh8

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 23, 2012
how old is the phone. apple has 1 yr phone assistance

about 8 months old. they told me they only have 90 day phone assistence. he did however get the phone out of recovery mode for me. i was able to do the backup but why would it install some of my apps and some of my wifes?

numberforty1

macrumors 6502
Oct 6, 2012
Canada
about 8 months old. they told me they only have 90 day phone assistence. he did however get the phone out of recovery mode for me. i was able to do the backup but why would it install some of my apps and some of my wifes?

oh crap, my mistake, i thought phone assistance was a year too...(it should be a year for how pricey these phones are)

no idea. i'm not good with multiple itunes accounts. i hope you figure it out though, it sounds annoying. best of luck and happy new year.

maybe just fix the settings (to what you want on your phone) and do a fresh sync.

MsvSpaz

macrumors newbie
Feb 15, 2011
Do you have the 'automatically sync new apps' box ticked on the phones apps page in iTunes? I had the same problem at one stage and the issue was that all the new apps that had been transferred to iTunes from the phone, or synced via iCloud, would be automatically loaded onto the device when restoring regardless of which device they were purchased with.

bhigh8

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 23, 2012
Do you have the 'automatically sync new apps' box ticked on the phones apps page in iTunes? I had the same problem at one stage and the issue was that all the new apps that had been transferred to iTunes from the phone, or synced via iCloud, would be automatically loaded onto the device when restoring regardless of which device they were purchased with.

that could be why she had some of my apps but why would it miss about 18 of her apps. she had to go back and try to remember what she had.

MsvSpaz

macrumors newbie
Feb 15, 2011
that could be why she had some of my apps but why would it miss about 18 of her apps. she had to go back and try to remember what she had.
Did you 'transfer purchases' before you restored her phone?

Sorry to drag up a one month old thread, but just realised I had not answered.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.