Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad > iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting

Old Dec 31, 2012, 03:22 PM   #1
Brounmoney
Banned

restore from backup

So I had a problem with my ipad screen and add to get a replacement. I did a backup in itunes yesterday. I just hooked my ipad up to my computer and the only back up options were from April of this year. Where could I find the back ups that I did yesterday?
Brounmoney is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 31, 2012, 04:36 PM   #2
nehope
macrumors member

When you say replacement, what do you mean? Was it the whole iPad? Which iPad is it? I replaced an iPad 3 with a smashed screen and the new (brown box) iPad didn't see my latest cloud backup. This was because the brown box replacement they gave me had iOS 5.1.1 and had to be updated before it could see any backups done in iOS 6.
nehope is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 31, 2012, 07:29 PM   #3
HazyCloud
macrumors 68030

Quote:
Originally Posted by nehope View Post
When you say replacement, what do you mean? Was it the whole iPad? Which iPad is it? I replaced an iPad 3 with a smashed screen and the new (brown box) iPad didn't see my latest cloud backup. This was because the brown box replacement they gave me had iOS 5.1.1 and had to be updated before it could see any backups done in iOS 6.
Good call. I read this earlier and couldn't come up with any reason why the backups wouldn't show up. I bet this is it.

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad > iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting