Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ButchVA

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 30, 2006
I've been ALL over the Apple forums and several other places (here included). I'm not having trouble with anything in Mountain Lion except Mail (okay, I lie - I ditched Safari because it was so slow). It has slowed down to the point I'm thinking about ditching it. I've posted numerous times and received "fixes" ranging from reinstalling system software (seriously?) to throwing chicken bones. Not a single one of them has worked. Mail is still so slow it often will take 30-45 seconds to shift from one message to another. It's to the point of being virtually unusable today.

Can someone PLEASE tell me that a) I'm not the only one with this problem, and b) that there is a fix for it, and c) that Apple (with whom I'm becoming steadily less happy) has a permanent fix for it?

I'd hate to have to fiddle around with browser based email. I am a Mac user, not a techie, so if you have an answer, in plain English please.

Thanks!

B

MisterMe

macrumors G4
Jul 17, 2002
USA
Wow! You should never delete bundled global applications such as Safari, Mail, and Preview. Safari has a management function as well as being the System's default web browser.

It sounds like your problem has absolutely nothing to do with either your browser or email client. Therefore, deleting them cannot possibly fix your problem. It sounds like you have a DNS issue. The workaround is to select a public DNS such as OpenDNS or Google DNS.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.