Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

LadyX

macrumors 68020
Mar 4, 2012
I saw The Hobbit in 2D as I really hate 3D (nausea, headache, annoying distraction). Anyway, one of the best movies I've watched in 2012.

Shrink

macrumors G3
Feb 26, 2011
New England, USA
I'm currently watching "Cyborg Cop ll".

In the great tradition of Ed Wood, Jr., it demonstrates that with a very few dollars you can make a movie totally devoid of script,score, dialogue, acting, cinematography, direction, and anything else which defines a film.

Totally astounding, and I can't stop watching it...it is almost perfect in it's terribleness!!

Must not miss any, back to the film now...:D

twietee

macrumors 603
Jan 24, 2012
I'm currently watching "Cyborg Cop ll".

In the great tradition of Ed Wood, Jr., it demonstrates that with a very few dollars you can make a movie totally devoid of script,score, dialogue, acting, cinematography, direction, and anything else which defines a film.

Totally astounding, and I can't stop watching it...it is almost perfect in it's terribleness!!

Must not miss any, back to the film now...:D

Nice. Never saw an Ed Wood movie actually. And to be honest just heard about him because of the Depp movie...which I haven't seen either.

But, since I've seen some really bad movies during the last days here on the telly while I was zapping (not bad in a good way, just completely lost causes) like Eurotrip, Marmaduke, Robin Hood with my good friend Russel Crowe, Slap Her She's French - I was partially forced to see those :D - I could actually appreciate a well made piece of terribleness!

By the way, accidentally come across The Naked Gun and still like it. Must have been 10 years or so since I saw it the last time. Some good ol' Leslie Nielsen nonsense.

Reactions: Scepticalscribe

Shrink

macrumors G3
Feb 26, 2011
New England, USA
Nice. Never saw an Ed Wood movie actually. And to be honest just heard about him because of the Depp movie...which I haven't seen either.

But, since I've seen some really bad movies during the last days here on the telly while I was zapping (not bad in a good way, just completely lost causes) like Eurotrip, Marmaduke, Robin Hood with my good friend Russel Crowe, Slap Her She's French - I was partially forced to see those :D - I could actually appreciate a well made piece of terribleness!

By the way, accidentally come across The Naked Gun and still like it. Must have been 10 years or so since I saw it the last time. Some good ol' Leslie Nielsen nonsense.

This movie is not a well made piece of crap...it is the worst made thing I have seen. Nowhere in the class of the awful Crowe "Robin Hood"! That's "Citizen Kane" compared to this disaster!

Ed Wood movies are definitely worth seeing. "Plan Nine From Outer Space" is generally considered the worst movie ever made, and "Glen and Glenda" is...well, you just have to see it!

In "Cyborg Cop II" the hero, a guy with a 50's greaser haircut, wearing jeans, a black T shirt, a black leather motorcycle jacket, and a FANNY PACK hanging down in front, speaks the line..."I was born for danger". This film is perfectly bad in ALL ways. It is truly, indescribably, bad. But it's like seeing an horrible, gory auto wreck...you know you shouldn't look, but you can't stop yourself.

If you are a fan of really bad movies...well...you might want to miss this one.:D

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
Aaaah. As I write, the immortal 'Wizard of Oz' is concluding on one of the British TV channels (Channel 4). What can I say? Like the exquisite book it was based on, an absolute gem and a truly timeless and utterly charming classic.

Last edited:

Huntn

macrumors Core
Original poster
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
Aaaah. As I write, the immortal 'Wizard of Oz' is concluding on one of the British TV channels (Channel 4). What can I say? Like the exquisite book it was based on, an absolute gem and a truly timeless and utterly charming classic.

When we were kids, before cable, they would show WoO once a year, on Sunday, on a local station. We always tried to catch it. :)

Plutonius

macrumors G3
Feb 22, 2003
New Hampshire, USA
I saw The Hobbit in 2D as I really hate 3D (nausea, headache, annoying distraction). Anyway, one of the best movies I've watched in 2012.

I would agree it was a great movie if I hadn't read the book first. To me, it looked like they were just putting in filler material to make it three movies (for the money). I very much doubt I will see the next two parts in the movie theater.

The.316

macrumors 65816
Jul 14, 2010
25100 GR
Watched The Young Victoria this morning, and really liked it a lot.

And I saw Lincoln tonight, and I must say, it was one of the best movies I have seen in some time. The whole cast was sensational, and I thought Daniel-Day Lewis played Lincoln superbly.

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
Watched The Young Victoria this morning, and really liked it a lot.

And I saw Lincoln tonight, and I must say, it was one of the best movies I have seen in some time. The whole cast was sensational, and I thought Daniel-Day Lewis played Lincoln superbly.

I look forward to having the opportunity of seeing the Lincoln movie when it is released on this side of the Atlantic; it got excellent reviews, and your remarks add to that. Thanks for posting your impressions.

Roller

macrumors 68030
Jun 25, 2003

I know some people have criticized it for being too long, saying the book could have been covered in one movie. Maybe, but I liked that there was time to go into more detail with the story and the characters. I'm looking forward to the next two parts.

I also saw Django Unchained a few days ago. My favorite Quentin Tarantino movie so far.

Plutonius

macrumors G3
Feb 22, 2003
New Hampshire, USA
Going into detail is one thing but adding additional plots and fillers in the Hobbit just to make it three movies is un-acceptable to me. I also didn't care for them changing things from the book just to support having three movies (especially the troll encounter which I was looking forward to).

LadyX

macrumors 68020
Mar 4, 2012
I know some people have criticized it for being too long, saying the book could have been covered in one movie. Maybe, but I liked that there was time to go into more detail with the story and the characters. I'm looking forward to the next two parts.

I've read The Hobbit and it's true that it could've been covered in one movie but I disagree when they say that it's too long. I love the fact that Peter Jackson added parts because I believe those who haven't read the book won't fully understand what's going on if it weren't for those small but essential scenes that is vital in understanding the story.

ucfgrad93

macrumors Core
Aug 17, 2007
Colorado
I saw The Hobbit last night with my family. It was pretty good, however, I think LOTR was better.

Last edited:

mscriv

macrumors 601
Aug 14, 2008
Dallas, Texas
I saw The Hobbit last night with my family. It was pretty good, however, I think LOTR was better.

Don't you think we should wait until all three parts of Jackson's Hobbit are out and then compare epic vs. epic... trilogy vs. trilogy? I think when all is said and done we will have a pretty awesome experience from start to finish tracing Tolkien's story from beginning to end through all six movies.

millerj123

macrumors 68030
Mar 6, 2008
I had the original X-Men on while putting away holiday decorations. I laughed out loud at Wolverine insulting Cyclops to prove who he is...

mscriv

macrumors 601
Aug 14, 2008
Dallas, Texas
I forgot to post that I saw Lincoln last week. I must say the ensemble cast of Daniel Day-Lewis, Sally Field, Tommy Lee Jones, Joseph Gordon-Levitt, James Spader, et al were really good. For me personally the movie was both inspiring and discouraging at the same time. Our country has come a long way in some respects and it's amazing how events transpired.

Huntn

macrumors Core
Original poster
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
I had the original X-Men on while putting away holiday decorations. I laughed out loud at Wolverine insulting Cyclops to prove who he is...

I love 3 of the X-Men movies. This is one of them.

I forgot to post that I saw Lincoln last week. I must say the ensemble cast of Daniel Day-Lewis, Sally Field, Tommy Lee Jones, Joseph Gordon-Levitt, James Spader, et al were really good. For me personally the movie was both inspiring and discouraging at the same time. Our country has come a long way in some respects and it's amazing how events transpired.

On my to-rent list! :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.