Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Old Jan 1, 2013, 03:57 AM   #1
Hellicar
macrumors newbie

Huge Data Charges

Hello MacRumors Peeps.
I'm new here and in need of the advice, help and thoughts from your worldwide crew. I am looking into and trying to get to the bottom of the following.

My girlfriend just got a phone bill from Orange for 1250 and I think it may be a fault of the telephone or it's software.

Looking at the bill there are times when the phone appears to me using mobile internet when we are actually at home and the phone should be utilising our wifi connection. It seems to not switch? This has pushed the data allowance way over it's limit.

This has lead to there being charges of over 140 for 3 hrs usage!! This is a total anomaly as her last bill was 68 and this was a rather high one. She is now not working and at home looking after our newly born son. So none of the normal work usage.

I found this and this seems to describe the problem we are having.
http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology...phone-5-iphone

I wanted to ask the following.

1: Have any others experienced this same problem?
2: Have any of you successfully reported and contested large bills due to a similar problem.
3: Are there any official notices from Apple that I can point Orange to that will back up my case?

I hope this is something you can help with. Any leads - Advice would be much appreciated.

A Happy New Year to you all.

Thanks

Pete
Hellicar is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 1, 2013, 04:02 AM   #2
Macman45
macrumors G5

I ALWAYS turn off Mobile data when I'm home, or in a place where i can use wifi. The phone should use wifi when its available, but this seems to be either U/S on yours or not set up.

First ting to do is call Orange and explain that you have a hardware issue. Then take that phone in to Apple and get it checked.

I hope you get those charges dropped. Good Luck

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone