Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Jan 1, 2013, 06:24 AM   #1
Pngwyn
macrumors regular

NTFS 3G / Paragon safe for NTFS storage?

I just received my 3TB external hard drive for my iMac running Mountain Lion. I'm considering partitioning the drive into a HFS+ and a NTFS, but I'd rather have it all on one partition so I could access the same files on both OSX and Windows via Bootcamp.

I found there are a few programs like Tuxera, Paragon, and NTFS3G that will help allow OSX to read/write to NTFS drives, but how reliable are they? Can I expect my data to be 100% safe? Is it any more likely to cause issues than using a separate partitioned drive?

Any input is appreciated thanks!
Pngwyn is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store