Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SPNarwhal

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Apr 22, 2009
illinois
Does the iPhone 5 have the yellow screen problem?
I have one now and I love love love it, but I just looked at my 4S and the screen on that looks different than the one on my 5. Not sure how to explain it.. I'll try to post a photo soon.

Is Apple open to this problem? Or is it something they're going to think I'm weird for if I went in?

I'll try to compare mine to another iPhone 5 before I do anything, but my 4 was crisp white, this looks yellow in comparison, but only somewhat.

Don't call me anal.

edit: another weird thing is, is that I have a known yellow hue iPhone 4 here that I compare this to, and my 5 looks different than that too.. It's almost like there's a purple-ish hue in comparison to the yellow. You'll see. (hopefully)

SPNarwhal

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Apr 22, 2009
illinois
img0002agz.jpg

See. I'm not crazy. Right?

lelisa13p

macrumors 68000
Mar 6, 2009
Atlanta, GA USA
There are dozens of threads about this issue, beginning on the day after launch 09/21/2012. Search for "yellow screen" and you'll find them.

Bottom line is that iP5 has a warmer (yellowish) tone as opposed to the iP4/4s/earlier which had cooler (blue) tones. You shouldn't notice it if you're not doing side-by-side comparisons. Tones are slight, either way.

Read those threads. There are some technical explanations included. And photos.

SPNarwhal

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Apr 22, 2009
illinois
There are dozens of threads about this issue, beginning on the day after launch 09/21/2012. Search for "yellow screen" and you'll find them.

Bottom line is that iP5 has a warmer (yellowish) tone as opposed to the iP4/4s/earlier which had cooler (blue) tones. You shouldn't notice it if you're not doing side-by-side comparisons. Tones are slight, either way.

Read those threads. There are some technical explanations included. And photos.

That's true, I should have done some research. I don't stray from the Marketplace too often, sorry about that.

Mods can close this. :) I'll get my info from other threads created already.

Sorry for the littering!

eelw

macrumors 6502a
Sep 19, 2012
You're too accustom to your cooler iPhone 4 screen. Took me like 2 weeks for me to get accustom to the difference with the warmer display when I switched from my 4 to the 5. And before the standard "piss yellow" comments appear, only worry about this if the yellow is blotchy. From your pic, it's even throughout the screen. So perfectly normal.

AlphaDogg

macrumors 68040
May 20, 2010
Ypsilanti, MI

People said that about the 4... And the 4S. There's no way this is true.

lelisa13p

macrumors 68000
Mar 6, 2009
Atlanta, GA USA
People said that about the 4... And the 4S. There's no way this is true.

Which part isn't true? I generalized because the forum had so many posts that the generalization was made within the forum time and again.

My iPhone 3Gs has the whiter screen, as does my iPhone 4; my iPhone 5 has a slightly different tone. No harm, no foul. All of the screens are excellent.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.