Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Digital Audio

Old Mar 14, 2012, 09:00 PM   #1
Sky Blue

Mastered for iTunes smart playlist

Anyone know if it's possible to make an iTunes smart playlist that rounds up all the MFiT tracks in my library?
Sky Blue is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 1, 2013, 07:45 AM   #2
eboyer7
macrumors newbie

I just went through all the smart playlist criteria in iTunes 11 and couldn't find anything that would do this.

However, I'd also like to find a way to easily round up or show all the songs in my library that are MFiT. Anyone have any ideas?
eboyer7 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 1, 2013, 04:50 PM   #3
Julien
macrumors 601

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky Blue View Post
Anyone know if it's possible to make an iTunes smart playlist that rounds up all the MFiT tracks in my library?
I don't believe there is any info embedded in the metadata to identify any mastering info. MFiT is just a set of criteria for the studios to adhere to. Here is a PDF of Apple's white paper.
Julien is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 17, 2013, 03:07 PM   #4
asianwolf
macrumors newbie

Mastered for iTunes symbol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julien View Post
I don't believe there is any info embedded in the metadata to identify any mastering info. MFiT is just a set of criteria for the studios to adhere to. Here is a PDF of Apple's white paper.
If you right click on a track that is 'mastered for iTunes' and select 'Get Info', on the summary information tab a logo MfiT should appear. I guess this is added by apple as a metatag in the AAC profile. Therefore, it should be possible to create a playlist if this metadata was catered for in the options...which sadly is not.
asianwolf is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 9, 2013, 07:39 AM   #5
macrlz9
macrumors 6502

I'm also looking for a way to do this. I'd also like to be able to know what music I already have that is NOT mastered so I can upgrade if I want to...
Old Jul 11, 2013, 12:50 AM   #6
Michael CM1
macrumors 601

No such way as far as I know. But as some are saying, MFI isn't really anything tangible. It's kind of like a "remastered" label. Apple said "This is how we think it will sound best on our stuff," and the recording company said, "OK." I downloaded the Michael Jackson stuff again just for the fun of it. I can't say I have any full set of equipment that will really test this.

As I like to yammer on, we're still talking about 2-channel audio here. If Apple wants to up the bitrate and give us some 5.1 sound and then make iOS devices that actually output this to car and home systems that will actually decode it, I'm all aboard. Put DTS-HD audio in my car and I will just give Apple all my money.

MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Digital Audio