Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Jan 1, 2013, 10:11 AM   #1
ct1211
macrumors member

Bought iPAD4 4G at BB Attempt to return for iPAD 3 4G Today!

Well I have decided to go with a new iPAD once again after several months with a Nexus 7. You can't beat the latest Jelly Been interface (Keyboard, typing, voice search, Maps) but I just like the Apple App's at this point and I run a 15" rMBP so I want to keep the same family of products (Except for Droid MAXX HD - Wont give up interface and staggering battery life) Does anyone know if the iPAD 3 4G still being sold will still be IOS 5? I simply cannot use this thing without all of the great jailbreak features (That sliding cursor hack is a godsend for Apples tired old keyboard) I found an iPAD 3 4g ATT unit (I dont activate the service I just want want the built in GPS for navigation tethered to my phone) Best Buy still has a few and I found a few locally but understandable they are all AT&T versions - I will save about $80.00 over the comparable iPAD 4 but will lose that in resale because of the carrier. Another plus, I can use my extra charger and old Acc. Why am I writing all of this? Because I am wondering if anyone thinks the IOS 6 jailbreak will ever happen? Its not looking so good for them right now. I am a true Apple addict, giving up a $249 Nexus tablet with GPS and a better interface for a lot of hassle and work to try to emulate some of the newer tablet options on an iPAD. Has anyone recently bought a new iPAD 3? If so did it have IOS 5 or 6? Also looking for good case suggestions if anyone has any. Thanks
ct1211 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad