Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Your iPhone Colour?

• White

Votes: 84 42.6%
  • Black

Votes: 113 57.4%

• Total voters

hbtd

macrumors member
Jul 30, 2011
White iPhone 5. Had a black 3G and 4 and wanted something different. No regrets. Looks sharp in an Incase clear case.

skaertus

macrumors 601
Feb 23, 2009
Brazil
These statements are getting incredibly old.

It may be. But, as nice as the white iPhone may look like (and I really think it does), I cannot convince myself that it looks something manly. I just can't see James Bond using a white iPhone. Or Indiana Jones. Or Rambo. Whatever.

w00t951

macrumors 68000
Jan 6, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA
That's super interesting. Statistically speaking, colors and people's preferences for them are completely independent. Of course, this might be a somewhat small and biased sample, but that's still super interesting!

barkomatic

macrumors 601
Aug 8, 2008
Manhattan
It may be. But, as nice as the white iPhone may look like (and I really think it does), I cannot convince myself that it looks something manly. I just can't see James Bond using a white iPhone. Or Indiana Jones. Or Rambo. Whatever.

If your manliness is based on the color of your phone then it's pretty shaky to begin with. I've seen many manly guys with white iPhones. Anyway, I think people should get the color they like for whatever reason--it just entertains me when the choice is based on some perceived gender association. :p

skaertus

macrumors 601
Feb 23, 2009
Brazil
If your manliness is based on the color of your phone then it's pretty shaky to begin with. I've seen many manly guys with white iPhones. Anyway, I think people should get the color they like for whatever reason--it just entertains me when the choice is based on some perceived gender association. :p

In fact, I was just kidding, and people should not take these gender associations so seriously.

By the way, I have a black iPhone. And a black iPad. But a white MacBook...

skaertus

macrumors 601
Feb 23, 2009
Brazil
Bisexual?

:D

Actually, it was an economic decision. As you may remember, back in 2008, the black MacBook was more expensive than the two white models (but all of them were cheaper than the MacBook Pros).

The price of the white MacBook was US$ 2,300. The black one was over US$ 3,000. And the only difference between them, apart from the color, was the size of the HD (the black had 250 GB, and the white had 160 GB)... so I went with the white one.

enophi1

macrumors 6502a
Nov 23, 2008
UK
Black 5

Got white 5 on launch day, hated it, exchanged for Black. Had the white 4S and liked that, so go figure.

Zwhaler

macrumors 604
Jun 10, 2006
Wow even split! Black iPhone 4, White iPhone 5 (currently using Note 2 as my phone tho)

MassTownie

macrumors member
Jun 4, 2012
StL
I have never seen a Dude with a white one...although have seen a few women with black ones...however, mostly white.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.