Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

buddybd

macrumors 6502
Jul 28, 2011
Where do you guys see 26% off? Aren't they legally bound to charge the price that is at the time of shipping? Amazon did the same once and immediately refunded the difference, just said price dropped before order shipped.

Mine shipped today too, wouldn't mind sending them an email asking for an adjustment, but I don't see any sale on the site.

Minhimalism

macrumors 6502a
Jan 6, 2012
Texas
Where do you guys see 26% off? Aren't they legally bound to charge the price that is at the time of shipping? Amazon did the same once and immediately refunded the difference, just said price dropped before order shipped.

Mine shipped today too, wouldn't mind sending them an email asking for an adjustment, but I don't see any sale on the site.

It was with the code XMAS26. It was a banner on the front page, not sure if it's still there can't be bothered to check haha :)

Cosmos01

macrumors member
Nov 9, 2012
Haha thanks! Indeed it does. How do you like your Zoogue cases by the way? :)

They're alright! I find the edges/seams where the grips are a bit sharp though when holding the phone in the case in the hand. But for the price they're pretty good.

Yesterday I ordered the Spigen Neo Hybrid Ex Slim in Satin Silver which I think will look pretty slick on my white iPhone 5 :D It's my first time using a bumper case so hopefully I will like it. If I don't, I will try out the Slim Armor!

Rosewood23

macrumors member
Jul 25, 2011
Midwest
The plastic part on mine has shown scratches , the bottom corn slips out occasionally also. Since the case is designed to work with glass.tr it slips from time to time.

Interesting about the corner slipping out, no where on the Spigen website do they mention it having to be used with the glas.tr screen protector. Appreciate the input. Still think I am going to pull the trigger on this case, wasn't planning on going with the glas.tr protector though.

tsturbo

macrumors regular
Mar 23, 2008
Interesting about the corner slipping out, no where on the Spigen website do they mention it having to be used with the glas.tr screen protector. Appreciate the input. Still think I am going to pull the trigger on this case, wasn't planning on going with the glas.tr protector though.
It does not have to be used with the glas.tr. the glas.tr will work with this case, if you choose to use one. My corners do not slip out. I am commenting on the neo hybrid ex slim.

mrgossett

macrumors 6502
Mar 18, 2008
Here's the back of my Slim Armor case. This is not from rough treatment - just from being moved around on a smooth tabletop. I have contacted Spigen and sent them this photo. Haven't heard anything from them yet. I like everything about this case except for the ease of scratching the plastic back and the fact that this case is SLIPPERY in my hand. If Spigen would redesign the plastic back and make it more scratch-resistant and more grippy, they would have a winner.

Attachments

• Slim Armor.jpg
    Slim Armor.jpg
    216.2 KB · Views: 266

Rosewood23

macrumors member
Jul 25, 2011
Midwest
Here's the back of my Slim Armor case. This is not from rough treatment - just from being moved around on a smooth tabletop. I have contacted Spigen and sent them this photo. Haven't heard anything from them yet. I like everything about this case except for the ease of scratching the plastic back and the fact that this case is SLIPPERY in my hand. If Spigen would redesign the plastic back and make it more scratch-resistant and more grippy, they would have a winner.

Thanks for the photo, this is what I was afraid of. I was thinking of going with the slate, which may show less scratching, or maybe it would show more?? Other concern is the lay on the table factor, most reviews people seem to have the glas.tr included on the phone so there is no lay on the table. Anyone using it without the glas.tr shield? Is there any lay on the table factor?

mrgossett

macrumors 6502
Mar 18, 2008
Thanks for the photo, this is what I was afraid of. I was thinking of going with the slate, which may show less scratching, or maybe it would show more?? Other concern is the lay on the table factor, most reviews people seem to have the glas.tr included on the phone so there is no lay on the table. Anyone using it without the glas.tr shield? Is there any lay on the table factor?

I don't have the glass protector, just a regular screen protector. There is a slight bit of screen protection from the lip of the case. I usually lay my phone face up on tables, which is what caused the scratches on the case.

aphexacid

macrumors 6502a
Jul 31, 2007
Chicago
I'm on the verge of ordering one of these.
Can someone describe what the case feels like? Not the shell thingy, the actual case.
Is it super grippy rubber? Is it easy to pull in and out of pockets or does it get caught? Does it attract a lot of lint?

mrgossett

macrumors 6502
Mar 18, 2008
I'm on the verge of ordering one of these.
Can someone describe what the case feels like? Not the shell thingy, the actual case.
Is it super grippy rubber? Is it easy to pull in and out of pockets or does it get caught? Does it attract a lot of lint?

The part that holds the iPhone is a rubber-like material. It doesn't get hung up in pockets and has about the right amount of grip. I haven't noticed it attracting lint. But once you put on the plastic shell, only the top and bottom parts have the rubber material visible. What you're going to be holding most of the time is the plastic shell, which to me has a very slick feel with absolutely no grip. If no grip is what you want, go for it.

Che Castro

macrumors 603
May 21, 2009
Got my case today

Did anybody else get a $7.99 spigen gift card ?

Also how many here use the jelly button sticker ?

Last edited:

Chuck-Norris

macrumors 6502a
Sep 17, 2012

its plastic whated u expect t o happen when sliding it around

tsturbo

macrumors regular
Mar 23, 2008
Got my case today

Did anybody else get a $7.99 spigen gift card ?

Also how many here use the jelly button sticker ?

Yes, got the $7.99 gift card also.

No, I don't use the jelly button stickers or screen protector.

Rosewood23

macrumors member
Jul 25, 2011
Midwest
So it seems that there is some, albeit small, lay on the table protection to help not scratch the back of this case. Thats good enough for me, I love the look of this case I am going to pull the trigger. :cool:

mrgossett

macrumors 6502
Mar 18, 2008
Other than the tendency to scratch and the lack of grip, it's a very nice case- very sharp looking and priced reasonably. I guess I'm the only one here who prefers to lay my phone screen-up rather than screen-down. I'd rather damage the case than damage the screen.

katai

macrumors regular
Aug 30, 2009
I just got the case and its nice. Not worried about scratching the back or front because I don't slide it on the table and I normally keep it in my pocket. The plastic has no grip so don't hold it too gently because it slipped off my hand once onto carpet.

iamartimus

macrumors 6502
Aug 13, 2010
Wirelessly posted

I have my phone in the satin with a glasstr. It does add weight to a naked phone (with the glasstr), and it is noticeable, but I love it. It feels so solid, no creaking, lifting, nothing! I was working overnight and usually carry my phone in my left front pants pocket, but I had it in my left breast shirt pocket of my uniform. I got out of my car and bent over to grab something and it fell out onto the asphalt parking lot, I guess about 3 feet or so. Not a scratch front, back, or corners.
So the case worked for what it is intended for, to protect my phone and the bonus is ip the case and sp still look great!

Che Castro

macrumors 603
May 21, 2009
They should sell the middle part separate
I would like to switch colors from time to time

Is that glasst screen protector worth it ? I already have ghost armor in the front

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.