Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store

Old Dec 11, 2012, 01:10 PM   #1
Acorn
macrumors 68020

Anyone using Parallels and Windows 7 Bootcamp

I read on the parallels sticky that previous generations had license problems switching from parallels bootcamp to just bootcamp. Basically you go into parallels virtual machine and it asks you to activate windows 7 again. then you boot into bootcamp without parallels and you will need to activate yet again. causing your license to eventually lock from going back and forth.

Does this still happen? Is it possible to have bootcamp windows 7 activated and bootcamp VM activated at the same time?
Old Dec 31, 2012, 07:34 PM   #2
u26055
macrumors newbie

I've been using Bootcamp & Parallel for over year. I did have an issue when I installed Windows, since I bought the update for 3 PC's & had used all 3, I replaced my windows machines with Mac's, so I wasn't using the keys anymore. They gave me a new key & it took a few times of entering it to have have it take, but I have been asked for it in months. It was a big deal & parallels works great.
u26055 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 1, 2013, 11:43 AM   #3
Daeve
macrumors member

I run both - I had to put my key in twice (once in each) but since then its been fine.
Daeve is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store